Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Help!!! Revive TF101 from scratch

so i found this asus eee pad tf101 in a closet and i thought why not fix it. When i booted it up it didnt have a os and it wont reconize a usb and my pc wont reconize it, and to top it all off the internal storage has aplosutly nothing but at least it has cwm i need help!!!
    Last edited by droidbound; 08-06-2016 at 08:53 PM.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    697 times
    Welcome to the forum 183323!
    I made your thread title a little more descriptive so that members know what this is about and moved it to the appropriate section in the forum.
    Interesting project you got there. With a little reading and careful learning you can turn this old tablet into a screaming bandshee in a few simple steps:

The good news is that you have a custom recovery on the tablet already. That's great because that is almost the hardest part on this tablet. The bad news is that the CWM version you have on there is probably so old that it's useless.
    So head over here and grab the latest version of TWRP for this tablet, flash it in your current recovery and reboot: [RECOVERY][TF101][TF101G][SL101] TWRP 2.8.1.… | Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101
    I don't know if your CWM supports flashing from a micoSD which would be the easiest way to get this accomplished. Root around in CWM and see if you can change the from internal storage to extSD. if not, you will have to learn to use adb to push the file to your internal storage. Very useful to kow anyway, but that'll make this a little more complex.... Let me know if you need help with this.

Next step is to boot into TWRP and format data, then convert /data to f2fs: [GUIDE] Convert /data to f2fs with TWRP 2.8.… | Asus Transformer TF700

Then head over here, read the first 3 posts very carefully, download the rom, gapps and supersu from the links provided and flash them. [ROM][MM 6.0.1] [ KatKiss - KatshMallow #029… | Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101

There. Now you can either lie to your friends you got a brand new MM tablet for free or brag that you are rocking MM on a 5 year old tablet. Your choice
    Last edited by droidbound; 08-06-2016 at 09:18 PM.
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    i cant flash twrp on it cuz my pc doesnt reconize the tablet and usb,micro sd or anything else wont get reconized

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    697 times
    CWM dies not recognize the microSD?
    Could be a driver problem in Windows. Which version are you using? Did you install Asus device drivers and/or adb fastboot?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links