Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times

(yet another) Stuck in bootloop

Hi all,

since a few months my TF101 was laying on a shelf because it started to bootloop and I didn't find a solution. I decided last weekend to try once again and finally decided to post a support request here, upon having attempted everything that comes to mind and that I have read in the forum.
    My TF101:

- is B70
    - has TWRP v2.3.2.3 installed and working
    - has KatKiss 4.4.3.028 installed
    - contains both a Titanium backup of the stock rom and the zips for KatKiss 4.4.3.028 and KatKiss 4.4.4.035 in the internal memory
    - doesn't read from the only microSD I have available (which I can however read/write with my laptop)
    - is discovered by the laptop as eeePad and Device Manager shows "Asus Transformer ADB Interface" as well as "Asus Android MTP Device", the latter with the exclamation mark icon
    - reboot always immediately after having shown the logo for KatKiss and having started to show the rotating color spots

I have attempted:
    - restoring the stock backup from TWRP. Result: bootloop immediately after the stock Asus logo is displayed
    - installing KatKiss 4.4.3.028 or KatKiss 4.4.4.035. No change, still bootloop after KatKiss logo.
    - factory resets, wiping cache, Dalvik, system. No change
    - EasyFlasher (v 0.8.3b), in whose "asusupdate" folder I have stored the stock rom as downloaded from Asus site (both with "Asus Stock.zip" name and "WW_epad-user-9.2.1.27.zip" name). EasyFlasher runs until completion, does not show any error. I do wipe cache and Dalvik, but nothing changes at next reboot: still bootloop.

At this point, either I'm doing something wrong or I miss something.

Any hint?

Thanks for your help
    Filippo

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    You may have a corrupted data partition. Worth a try to format it, then reinstall the rom.
    If you want to save your personal files try to adb pull them in recovery before you format data:
    Code:
    adb pull /sdcard
    I'm not that familiar with the TF101. Is the TWRP version you're running current for the KatKiss roms?
    If not you should first update your recovery (get it as a flashable zip from the KatkIss thread), then format, then reflash the rom.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes. TWRP should be the correct version for KatKiss as it's been working well for months.
    If i format the data partition then i will lose the roms from the TF? I fear that i won't be able to read from sd card as i can't mount it.

Thanks!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Formatting /data will erase everything on internal storage. But if you have adb in recovery you can push/pull files from your computer.
    Try this:
    Boot into recovery and connect to PC
    Test connection with
    Code:
    adb devices
    On your PC create a text file test.txt and put it into your adb folder
    Then issue this command
    Code:
    adb push test.txt /sdcard
    Delete test.txt from your adb folder
    Issue this command
    Code:
    adb pull /sdcard/test.txt
    If the file shows up in your adb folder again you have successfully pushed/pulled files to/from internal storage. So if your microSD does not mount after the format (and it may) you can adb push the rom zips to the freshly formatted internal from your PC, then flash it in TWRP. Naturally the rom zip has to be in your adb folder and you have to adjust the command accordingly. If you rom zip is KatKiss.zip, the command would be
    Code:
    adb push KatKiss.zip /sdcard
    You can do all of this in recovery. No need to boot until you flashed the rom.

You can also use the sideload feature in TWRP under Advanced. Saves you the push... Here's how to do it: How to Sideload ROMs and Mods Using ADB Sideload

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you!

I have performed the adb tests as you suggested and everything worked fine.
    I then did format my data partition and magically that allowed the TF101 to complete the boot again. I didn't even have to reinstall the KatKiss rom. I had to reinstall the Google Apps, but that's a no brainer.

I want to thank you very very much for your assistance. You brought my TF101 back to life!
    droidbound likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by filippot View Post
    Thank you!

I have performed the adb tests as you suggested and everything worked fine.
    I then did format my data partition and magically that allowed the TF101 to complete the boot again. I didn't even have to reinstall the KatKiss rom. I had to reinstall the Google Apps, but that's a no brainer.

I want to thank you very very much for your assistance. You brought my TF101 back to life!
    Naaa - you did it. I just gave a little shove

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links