Thread: No carrier message when reinstalling apps

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times

No carrier message when reinstalling apps

Getting a no carrier error when I try to reinstall apps. It worked with the stock, and after I rooted it (I think as it has been a while). To correct the problem, did another root today (CM11) and did the Google apps root which installed except for the play store. I can install apps to various phones but not to the T700 or 100. Same condition for PC. WiFi and stock browser works fine. I do have an Android phone which gets the same error, no carrier, when I try to install apps to it. It has me stumped and would appreciate some advise. Thanks.

Sorry just discovered that Google apps did not install. Have to install manually but unable to due to "no carrier" error.
    Last edited by summerhillie; 03-09-2015 at 07:27 AM.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    A little more info (OK, a lot more info) please! You have both a TF101 and a TF700? In your text body you mention a 100 which is an entirely different animal. Since this is the TF700 thread, let's start with that one, OK?

You are running CM11? That should be rooted OOTB. Go to the CM11 downloads page and get the GAPPS associated with that ROM, download it and flash with your custom recovery. Which version of what recovery do you have? And what bootloader version do you have?

Read this:

Beginners Guide to flashing a custom ROM on TF700T

You are not going to install GAPPS on a custom ROM with anything from the Play Store, and you will not get OTA updates.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    It is a TF101 and rooted. Since I last rooted the TF700T successfully with CROMI-X, I already had TWRP installed. Plus got sick of Windows and went to APPLE laptop to downloaded CM-11-20150302-Nightly build and GAPPS-IP 20141212 on Micro card and used that for the install. Booted into recovery and tried a backup but it failed. Flashed the CM-11 and GAAPS and rebooted. System boots and system settings, WiFi/browser/mail all working. Added Google mail account and its ok.

You mentioned that CM11 should be rooted OOTB?. Going thru the guide I did run across it but it must have went over my head.

Summary: the TF101 and TF700 along with an Android phone will not install Google apps from them or to them from the laptop. The laptop will install apps to other phones.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Try logging into the Play Store with a browser and see if you can push the apps to your tablet.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    I did try thru the 101 and 700 and laptop and browsers but they all show no carrier for the 101 and 700.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Something is missing from your explanation. Have you set up your Google account on the tablets? If so were they the same ones you used to log into the Store with?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    Yes, same account on all machines. Using Google Chrome for laptop and TF101 and stock browser on the TF700. Tried reinstalling from "My Apps" but same error.

Just discovered that on the 101 by going into the apps section and clicking on Play Store I can download and install apps. This play store app must be an old
    version as "My Apps" doesn't appear and I can install apps to TF101. It doesn't work if I go thru a browser, I get the no carrier message. Beginning to think
    my version of Google Play Store is corrupted.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks for your suggestions.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Hi summerhillie.

Your problem seems a bit unusual. I suggest you check the versions you have on the tablets.

settings>apps>all - scroll down and press on the entries for the following Google apps: I'll list the versions that appear on my TF300 running Android 4.2:

Google Account Manager - latest version v-4.2.2-612687
    Google Play Services - 6.7.76 (1745988-032)
    Google Services Framework- 4.2.2-612687
    Google Play Store - 5.2.13

It might help if you clear cache, clear data, force stop each of these in the order listed Then perform a Cold Boot. You will most likely have to reenter and setup your Google Account after doing this. Clearing these won't delete any files or apps on your tablet(s).

I would give my suggestion a try and see if this might help reset things for the apps listed and get your Play store working properly again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links