Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

[Q] TF101 cwm loop. I've looked (and looked), but..see thread

So, I hate to be that guy. You know, the one who posts the same question that has already been answered, but I swear that I've looked a lot over the last 4 or so days.

Basically, I rooted my TF101, put CWM 5.8.3.4 on it, and put Katkiss on it. Bam. Unfortunately, I didn't see that I couldn't use the "reboot to recovery" option and my tab has been stuck in a good old boot loop. I guess the issue is I'm using CWM with JB (thanks for the clue, xda Detection). Easy fix, right? It's just a soft brick, right? Wrong.

So far, I've tried full wipes, different roms (revolver and revolution) as well as trying to install TWRP and different CWM versions (which appear to 100% install), but upon reboot, CWM takes over and there's no hint of TWRP or the alternate versions of CWM. Further, the other roms won't load and simply hang at the splash screen for hours. I have access to the tab through Katkiss with cold boot, but upon any other form of reboot, it goes right back into CWM 5.8.3.4.

I've also tried running NVflash, but nothing happens (apx drivers installed). The BAT file briefly says USB not recognized and closes. Further, I've tried Easyflasher / one click root+recovery and I just get messages saying "ADB server out of date. Killing." The tab still reboots, but upon rebooting, it gets stuck in CWM 5.8.3.4 unless I force cold boot.

I guess the best way to describe this is to say that no matter what I do with the tab or different recoveries, I can't get rid of CWM 5.8.3.4 and no matter what I do, it default boots into CWM.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum!

Here is what I would do. Cold boot to a ROM.

Open a terminal emulator.

Run the following:

Code:
    $ su
    # echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0
    # reboot
    That should take care of the recovery boot loop.

The issue is that it tries to reboot to recovery before it can finish the flash of the recovery before boot.

If that does not work, use adb when in recovery to run the echo boot command via the adb shell.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    I think I have very simmilar if not the same problem. It is bootlooping his ass off. I have cyanogenmod 9.1 with CWM v5.8.3.4. It bootloops, but if I wipe data (power+down, wait, wipe data) it gives me bootloop to CWM. Otherwise it bootloops to the logo of Cyanogenmod and then restarts again.
    So I read the whole internet (or just so I think). I tryed wipe data, cold boot, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik cache, re-install cyanogenmod from internal sd card, going into the APX mode and of. Nothing works.
    I cannot get into the system, I cannot push any code in terminal (adb shell,....) because of the bootloop. I just don't know what to do. Is there a way to push ROM it on the external sd card and to re-install something else on the tablet?

Any help would be more than welcome.

Thanks

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum!

My suggestion is to boot to CWM. Then use ADB (yes, it works when you are in CWM) and run the echo boot command via adb shell from there. Then push a ROM to the /sdcard/ and reboot normally. Then reboot to recovery and install the ROM.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    So I have to try "adb shell echo boot"? Or is it something more than that. After that I think I'll know how to proceed.

Thanks

ps. thanks for welcoming me
    Last edited by lapor; 12-05-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Connect your tablet and make sure an ADB device is detected. If not, update the drivers with the Naked Drivers 0.72 from XDA.

You will need the adb.exe and dll files from the SDK or a stand alone ADB installation.

Open a command prompt and go to the directory where adb.exe is. I have my adb in c:\adb\adb.exe, so I go to the C:\adb directory and issue the following:

Code:
    adb devices
    It should return a recovery device and ID (may need to stop and restart the daemon.

Then run this once the recovery device is found:
    Code:
    c:\adb> adb shell
    # echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0
    # exit
    Then reboot normally and your CWM bootloop should be gone.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    So I tried and got this:

~ # echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0
    5+0 records in
    5+0 records out
    5 bytes (5B) copied, 0.008195 seconds, 610B/s
    ~ # exit

Then I pressed reboot system now in CWM, but the bootloop is still here. Still starts normally, but gets stuck at the logo of cyanogenmod.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Did it boot to CWM automatically, or did it boot to CyanogenMod and bootloop on the Cyanogen animation?

If it is the latter, you will need to flash the ROM again after wiping the caches, system and probably data.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    It was the latter.
    So I have to wipe everything (wipe data/factory reset, cache partition, Dalvik cache - anything else?) and then reinstall ROM?

I have wiped data/factory reset, cache partition and Dalvik cache (everything in CWM), reinstalled cyanogenmod from the sdcard, did the adb shell echo boot and restart it. But still it bootloops just a second before it should enter the system. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Last edited by lapor; 12-05-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the suggestions. I can't use ADB because, despite the fact that the drivers are properly installed and Device Manager recognizes it, ADB still closes the command window immediately after I open it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links