Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

crashed ? need help

Hi guys,

Friend asked me to fix his TF101, and here is a problem. Firstable i think it is TF101 (i cant run android on that device so acording to text in device corner it is TF101, S/N started by B60). From the beginning i though it will be simple, flash new rom and thats it, but when i got that device to my hand:
    tablet reboot itself every ~5sec?
    tried run recovery: Green android logo icon with progressbar, after a second that icon changed to lying on the ground android guy , anyway red triangle with exclamation mark, from that point after ~3min tablet will reset by itself

wipe data, or manually choose android didnt work at all, so i booted it in APX mode, tried install all recovery ("RogueXM Touch v1.5.0-R1", "TWRP 2.2.1", "Roach CWM 5.5.0.4") ok, nice each installation was succesfully but it didnt helped at all, still cant access to recovery (on each one ;p).

So maybe lets try with ADB, but there is a problem in APX mode (plugged cable to usb) adb show null in "adb devices". Btw, i cant see any other "place" when i can try to connect device with adb, because APX mode is the only mode where i dont have some kind of time limit (to reset/ to choose option). Maybe im doing sth wrong, or there is another way to fix my "recovery problem".

Guys, please give me some tips how repair that tablet ;p

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    How were you installing recovery in APX mode? i would recommend EasyFlasher found in this thread.... Frederuco's Guide to Root and ROM the TF101. Also, I would stick with TWRP, much less chance of bootlooping the TF101.
    Frederuco likes this.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Also, when in APX mode did you see the "update success!" Messages in the TF screen? If not, it did not flash. Make sure the APX device is showing in the device manager and that you updated using the naked drivers (see details in thread bfmetcalf linked)

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    @bfmetcalf
    Obviously im installing recovery with EasyFlasher (EasyFlasher-0.8.3b-STABLE_TWRP2.6.3.0)

@Frederuco
    sure, there is "update success" on TF screen, even 2x exclamation mark . I have device in device manager, everything was on "Universal_Naked_Driver_0.72" installed.

// edit, here you can see how it looks like: (i should finish uploading it soon)
    Last edited by picq; 09-14-2013 at 03:34 AM.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    The only thing that I would say to do differently (seems trivial) is to unplug the USB cord from either the computer or transformer before trying to boot to recovery.

Another thought would be to try to flash the stock ROM with either stock recovery (download file from Asus, unzip once - it will still be a zip - and put on a microSD formatted for FAT32) or through EasyFlasher (put the downloaded file from Asus, not unzipped at all in the EasyFlasher asusupdate folder and try the unbrick option through APX.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links