Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times

my tf101 won't boot

ok.

i was on EOS Nighties 4 and every thing was great. smooth, fast and without a single reboot in two months.
    i found a problem with my evernote account, somehow I got stuck with multiple upload of same note. i contact them and in they get back to me with a solution. I did what they asked me and after removing their app, Performed a cold boot. but now it won't pass the logo. The EOS logo!

I can go to recovery mode and enter TWRP, so I guess it is just a software problem. my problem is even though I download theirs (EOS) latest
    update I can't put it on my MicroSD, .

is there a way:
    to connect tf101 without it being booted and use it as a storage device?
    or
    to connect a USB stick and use it in TWRP?

and in a different question, what does "Mount USB Storage" in "TWRP>Menu>Mount." do?!

I will get a mSD reader tomorrow, cause it is so nightly here right now. get it? nightly?
    but seriously any help would be appreciated.

p.s. sorry for bad English and the joke.
    Currently my favorite game: Robotek

I really want to learn a programming language, what I have to do?!!!

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    905 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fartooti View Post
    ok.

i was on EOS Nighties 4 and every thing was great. smooth, fast and without a single reboot in two months.
    i found a problem with my evernote account, somehow I got stuck with multiple upload of same note. i contact them and in they get back to me with a solution. I did what they asked me and after removing their app, Performed a cold boot. but now it won't pass the logo. The EOS logo!

I can go to recovery mode and enter TWRP, so I guess it is just a software problem. my problem is even though I download theirs (EOS) latest
    update I can't put it on my MicroSD, .

is there a way:
    to connect tf101 without it being booted and use it as a storage device?
    or
    to connect a USB stick and use it in TWRP?

and in a different question, what does "Mount USB Storage" in "TWRP>Menu>Mount." do?!

I will get a mSD reader tomorrow, cause it is so nightly here right now. get it? nightly?
    but seriously any help would be appreciated.

p.s. sorry for bad English and the joke.
    Sorry, but I'm not familiar with some of your terms, like TWR, are you rooted? If this is a rooting problem, I can move this thread to development, where you would get a more knowledgeable response.
    fartooti likes this.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times

my tf101 won't boot

You can connect via ADB and push the file to the internal storage.

Well, the USB is not set up to be mounted in recovery. Keep in mind, the microSD is mounted at /sdc/ in TWRP.

Here is what to do if you need to use ADB:

Boot to TWRP and plug tablet to PC via USB

It should install new hardware and show 1 devices, an ADB device.

Update the driver in the Device Manager on the windows machine to the Naked Drivers

Once that is updated, I downloaded ADB from the Android SDK. You really only need three files, available here: http://db.tt/b9dQ6xzp

Unzip these files to a folder called c:\adb

Open a command prompt and type the following:
    Code:
    c:
    cd c:\adb
    adb devices
    It should show a device connected. It may error out when restarting the daemon, but keep trying and see if it can find your tablet.

If you cannot get the ADB driver installed or updated, my guess is that you have a bad USB cable. Yes, it IS possible to have a bad cable for data transfer that STILL charges your tablet. I have even had that happen to me.

If you got this far, then here is what to do next:

Download your favorite ROM. If applicable, save any other files needed (GAPPs or kernel)

Save this at c:\adb\ROM.zip. Other files save accordingly like Kernel.zip and GAPPs.zip.

Next, run the following commands

Code:
    adb push ROM.zip /sdcard/
    Once this competes, you will need to repeat for any other files to flash like GAPPs or Kernel.

After these files have been transfered, you can install a file from the internal (/sdcard/) directory.

Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Sorry, but I'm not familiar with some of your terms, like TWR, are you rooted? If this is a rooting problem, I can move this thread to development, where you would get a more knowledgeable response.
    Yes, he is rooted. Moved to development.
    fartooti and sculptedstylus like this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    thank you guys, "Frederuco" I'll do it and will update this post about the result, forgive me for posting in wrong section.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    905 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    You can connect via ADB and push the file to the internal storage.

Well, the USB is not set up to be mounted in recovery. Keep in mind, the microSD is mounted at /sdc/ in TWRP.

Here is what to do if you need to use ADB:

Boot to TWRP and plug tablet to PC via USB

It should install new hardware and show 1 devices, an ADB device.

Update the driver in the Device Manager on the windows machine to the Naked Drivers

Once that is updated, I downloaded ADB from the Android SDK. You really only need three files, available here: http://db.tt/b9dQ6xzp

Unzip these files to a folder called c:\adb

Open a command prompt and type the following:
    Code:
    c:
    cd c:\adb
    adb devices
    It should show a device connected. It may error out when restarting the daemon, but keep trying and see if it can find your tablet.

If you cannot get the ADB driver installed or updated, my guess is that you have a bad USB cable. Yes, it IS possible to have a bad cable for data transfer that STILL charges your tablet. I have even had that happen to me.

If you got this far, then here is what to do next:

Download your favorite ROM. If applicable, save any other files needed (GAPPs or kernel)

Save this at c:\adb\ROM.zip. Other files save accordingly like Kernel.zip and GAPPs.zip.

Next, run the following commands

Code:
    adb push ROM.zip /sdcard/
    Once this competes, you will need to repeat for any other files to flash like GAPPs or Kernel.

After these files have been transfered, you can install a file from the internal (/sdcard/) directory.

Yes, he is rooted. Moved to development.
    Thanks Frederuco, I must have missed the last moderator's refresher workshop!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    my tf101 is alive again, thanks Frederuco, though i wasn't abe to flash Rom.zip and gapps.zip via adb push command into my device. but it did work on kernel.zip which is way smaller than other two. i had to borrow my friends reader. first i wanted to update my device but it didn't work so I reinstalled the ROM from the start.

thank you again guys, I'm so sad, tf101 is old and EOS is no more...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    hi guys, this problem happened again, i know how to fix it now, but i wanted to try something else first, is it possible to update TWRP in this condition.
    I wanna to flash timduru's ROM (KissKat 4.3) and it said your TWRP should be up to date, mine is "2.2.1.4" will I be able to update TWRP, from, well, TWRP, or just do a dirty flash of my last rom and update it from GooManager (which I tried, but after the countdown finished, nothing happened).
    thanks guys, and as always, sorry for my bad English.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Yes, however you must get a .zip flashable version of TWRP. The latest official version is 2.3.2.3 through GooManager but there is a 2.6.3.9 version over at XDA by sidneyk that works great. It is a .zip that is flashable from recovery: [RECOVERY][TF101][TF101G][SL101] TWRP 2.6.3.9 Unofficial [2013-11-30] - xda-developers

I would just install 2.6.3.9 and then be done with it. If you don't have a microSD, I would highly recommend getting one (even a 2 or 4 GB one) so it is easy to copy files to flash. If not, you may need to use ADB to push the files to flash.
    fartooti likes this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    thanks, it worked, about sdcard, i have one, but I don't have microSD reader(adapter),
    and It's cool to use adb commands, sometimes I install my apk, from PC, with them,
    thanks again, KissKat is fast!!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links