Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

[SOLVED] Urgent Help Required - Bricked TF101 - Any fix needed.

Hello,

I recently rooted my Asus Transformer TF101 tablet with no issues. - Did this using my laptop.
    I had some good apps and wanted to try a new rom.

As instructed i used rom manager and flashed CWM using rom manager - I later found out this works on everything but my tf101 which i am now finding out.

My laptop would recognise the tablet using the data cable and installed the correct drivers and it was all working fine. I went to install a rom and kept getting the "cant mount sdcard" error message.

I was told to select the delete restore option from CWM and this would put my tablet back to stock. however during the formatting the tablet hangs and does nothing. now everytime the tablet starts up i get the asus logo and the circle just continuing to go round and round and thats all.

I have gotten some flash software, but now the laptop i have been using wont detect the tablet. says the drivers are not properly installed.. I have downloaded the drivers again from asus and also some naked drivers from xda thread and the laptop will not detect the tablet.

Does any one have any ideas on what i can do to resolve this issue?
    All i want to do is put it back to stock. Get some decent rom on it, rotted and install the apps i want.. I would like jelly belly pro but the main thing is to get it working now.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2813 times
    Can you boot to CWM? (VOL DOWN + POWER for 12-15 seconds, release when you see white text and tap VOL UP)

If you can get into CWM, your laptop should be able to see the tablet for ADB.

If not, hold VOL UP and tap the POWER button. May need to hold both if you are boot looping (I have never tried) and see if your laptop recognizes it for ADB.

I would also suggest trying PERI if you have not done so already. This will push a good version of CWM, then you just need to push a ROM via ADB and then flash it.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    everytime i get to CWM, power and vol - and then +. this is when my tablet is not recognised by my laptop and CWM says cant mount sdcard.

However i have now managed to get the tablet working using the restore again from CWM - it took some time and 3 tries but it worked.

This may be easier if i sent you my tablet and you did the rom for me haha.. cheers for your reply.

how do i close a thread down?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    43 times
    You can`t close the thread, only the moderators can....

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2813 times
    We typically mark the threads as [SOLVED] and leave them open. Others may run across this same issue and want to use your thread.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    I find titles like blah blah blah - BRICKED, unhelpful. Bricked to me is unable to do anything, even through JTAG, ICE and asked everyone on the planet, and they agree that it is bricked, and to tear it down. In my 35 or so years in electronics and computing, I know that you have to try the same thing several times, and when you think it works, you need to document it (write it down / take photos), and THEN do it all over again as repeatability is crucial in any experiment. In this instance, as title of "Problem access CWM or booting TF101", would be more accurate. If I can't get into my house at night, I don't think "Oh no, the door lock is BRICKED, and call SWAT"

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg9999 View Post
    I find titles like blah blah blah - BRICKED, unhelpful. Bricked to me is unable to do anything, even through JTAG, ICE and asked everyone on the planet, and they agree that it is bricked, and to tear it down. In my 35 or so years in electronics and computing, I know that you have to try the same thing several times, and when you think it works, you need to document it (write it down / take photos), and THEN do it all over again as repeatability is crucial in any experiment. In this instance, as title of "Problem access CWM or booting TF101", would be more accurate. If I can't get into my house at night, I don't think "Oh no, the door lock is BRICKED, and call SWAT"
    i tend to find in my 32 years or so that if you have nothing useful to say, your best saying nothing. The fact that i could not access the tf101 via latop in any circumstances and could not mount any dir on the tf101 to access any files and the fact it would not get past a boot loader then it was pretty bricked. it was only the fact i had tried something that got it working. I did not want to try it in case i made the tf101 worse which is why i seeked help. thanks for reminding me that there are nuggets online that just because they have gained some experience in playing with a new os and think they know it all. maybe you should start a thread called nugget who likes to make your titles correct. ;-)

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    how did this user solve his issue? im having similar issue? can i also click on restore via the CWM menu? If i can get into there?

Ads