Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How to unroot my Transformer? Bought it rooted.

Hello,

I have bought my Transformer on eBay which was already rootet. Haven't noticed it until I was wondering why there is no update notification for ICS.

I do not know anything about rooting at all. My Build-Number is "Android Revolution HD 2.3.2 by mike1986" and my Serial-Number starts wieht "B50".

I would be uncountable thankful if anyone around here could help me to undone the root. :-)

I have already looked in some guides to root and unroot and whatever. But I am highly confused with this issue and I won't break my Tablet.

cheers

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    There are a number of ways to do this.

Another option that I want to throw out there is you could update to the latest Android Revolution HD (which is ICS). Here is the official thread for it: [ROM] Android Revolution HD™ 3.0.1 | High Quality & Performance | ICS | 9.2.1.11 - xda-developers

If you want to flash back to stock to get OTA updates, check out the link in my signature for Flash Back To Stock for the B4O-B6O Serials. And you can then root later if you have the desire.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello Frederuco,

thank you. Indeed, thats an interesting alternative. Do you know, if I have to wipe all datas? I would like to keep them.
    The description of mike1986 is not absolutely clear about that (just says "optionally").

And I guess the needs are already done with the first root?
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101/TF101G rooted with [Tool]Razorclaw - One click Root for all ASUS Transformers, 3G and Slider
    ClockworkMod Recovery 3.2.0.1 by Roach2010 or newer
    How would you call the chances to brick my Transformer by doing the update of the ROM? Actually, I am a llittle scared. :-)

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Metler View Post
    Hello Frederuco,

thank you. Indeed, thats an interesting alternative. Do you know, if I have to wipe all datas? I would like to keep them.
    The description of mike1986 is not absolutely clear about that (just says "optionally").

And I guess the needs are already done with the first root?

How would you call the chances to brick my Transformer by doing the update of the ROM? Actually, I am a llittle scared. :-)
    It can be a bit scary, but there is no worries about bricking by flashing a new ROM. The bricking comes when you are rooting or unrooting usually.

You can keep all your existing data when you install the new ROM. It will only replace what is in the system directories for the OS.

The most important thing to do is to verify the md5 checksum of the file downloaded (I use ES File Explorer - Long press, properties, checksum, md5, calculate) to make sure the file did not get corrupted during download. The original checksum should be listed in the thread so you can compare.

With that being said, you can use the "App Backup" app to back up your apps and data associated with the apps just in case. I know that Revolution HD ICS ROM has the App Backup removed because most rooted users rely on Titanium backup which is more capable. But flashing back to stock unrooted Titanium does not work. I am not sure if your version of Revolution HD has App Backup still installed. Any time you do any updates (even if it is a stock update) it is best to have your data backed up to a microSD, USB or cloud storage.

Here are the steps involved (not including doing a backup which should be done first prior to starting this if you want to):

Download the latest stable ROM from the developer at XDA.
    Verify the checksum.
    Copy the file to a microSD card (must be formatted for FAT32).
    Verify the checksum again (just to be sure it has not lost any bits)
    Power Down and unplug from power/USB.
    Hold VOL DOWN and POWER for about 10 seconds until some small text appears. Release the buttons
    Press VOL UP (You have 5 seconds to press volume up to enter Recovery, text on the screen says "Press VOL UP to enter RCK within 5 seconds)
    Use the volume keys to navigate to "Wipe Cache" and hit the POWER button. nav to YES and hit power button.
    Navigate to "Advanced" and then "Wipe Davlik Cache" and "Yes". Now, Go back.
    Install Zip from SDCard (microSD). "Select Zip" and then highlight the zip you placed on your microSD. Select "Yes" and then wait for it to complete.
    Go Back.
    Wipe Cache, then wipe the Davlik Cache again.
    Go Back, then the top option should be Reboot.
    First boot will take a while to boot up, and it will have to optimize your apps for ICS.

Thats pretty much it.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, it seems to be have worked. Thank you sooo much for all the text and help!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Metler View Post
    Yeah, it seems to be have worked. Thank you sooo much for all the text and help!
    Awesome. Keep an eye on that thread at XDA from time to time for when new updates are released. Use the same method to update to a newer version.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links