Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    171 times

New Accesorries Surface for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer

Chances are you missed the initial window on picking up the Asus Eee Pad Transformer. By the time most realized it was available units had already sold out everywhere. If you are one of the lucky ones who was able to snag one before stock depleted, you might be interested in taking a look at a few forthcoming accessories for the tablet that moonlights as a laptop. There is a USB adapter, HDMI to VGA adapter, a nice folio case and a desktop dock. Images of the accessories appeared on Asusí Italian Facebook page, but official release and pricing info was not detailed.

CrunchGear

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The USB Adapter would be very useful.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    USB adapter I would buy in a heart beat but I would like it to be as small as possible and look kind of integrated.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    not to ask a stupid question but what is the usb adapter for and its purpose

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickrocks View Post
    not to ask a stupid question but what is the usb adapter for and its purpose
    It would convert the dock port on the Transformer into a usable USB port. So you wouldn't need the dock to use USB devices.

Example: You don't want to buy the dock but you want USB ports. This adapter can be used to circumvent the dock should that be the only reason you want the dock.

Another example: You have an external hard drive with videos, music, photos, etc, and you don't own the dock. The USB converter would allow you to plug in these devices.

If you still don't understand, let me know. I'll try to explain it better. Trying to answer whatever questions I can before I go to bed
    socav likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thats great thanks

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Another example: You have an external hard drive with videos, music, photos, etc, and you don't own the dock. The USB converter would allow you to plug in these devices.
    This is a grey area for me. When you say external hard drive that would mean it would have to be powered and I dont know if the tablet itself would provide adequate power to run one. Obviously a thumb drive would be fine but I am still unsure about an actual external hard drive...
    "And if you feel there is shelter in this attitude, wait til' you feel the warmth of my grattitude..."

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Some portable units have their own power cord. I have a 1 TB that does and I have a more portable 40 GB that doesn't.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 03stage2 View Post
    This is a grey area for me. When you say external hard drive that would mean it would have to be powered and I dont know if the tablet itself would provide adequate power to run one. Obviously a thumb drive would be fine but I am still unsure about an actual external hard drive...
    Well, that was just an example. Some portable hard drives bring dual usb adapters to be able to pull the required power. Kind of defeats the purpose though since you would need the dock to have the Extra usb port.

However if you don't want the dock and grab one of those stands, then this could work.

But the other side is that you can get one of those larger usb thumb drives. I think they are upwards of 64gb at the moment. Haven't bothered to look in the last few years.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    21 times
    I bought a couple of 128gb thumb drives [Kingston] real cheap and like them, it's making it hard to pay more for a 32gb micro SD card.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links