Thread: usb 3 pin plug for charger

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy usb 3 pin plug for charger

I am happy with the TF101. I am NOT happy with the charger. I want to know why the 3 pin plug that came with my device is the only one in existence that I can use to plug it into anywhere, why I cannot buy a replacement plug, why it is incompatible with anything else, even if I find one labeled with the exact same voltage - and why the cable is so short. Eventually I found a local shop which managed to find a longer cable for me but the existence of the 3 pin plug is a mystery. I have other devices and other USB 3 pin plugs, none of which will work for my eeepad, and indeed even the shops various replacement plugs which will replace almost any other 3 pin usb device in the known universe does not have one compatible for this device. Your website is unhelpful - and the shopping page is even less so.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a problem. I have tried to buy a new 3 pin usb plug in Britain, but NONE are compatible, it seems with my eepad. NO other USB 3pin plug will work. not the Apple, nor the sony, nor the Amazon, nor the universal ones I can find in the shops, none. what's a girl to do?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy usb 3 pin plug for charger

I am happy with the TF101. I am NOT happy with the charger. I want to know why the 3 pin plug that came with my device is the only one in existence that I can use to plug it into anywhere, why I cannot buy a replacement plug, why it is incompatible with anything else, even if I find one labeled with the exact same voltage - and why the cable is so short. Eventually I found a local shop which managed to find a longer cable for me but the existence of the 3 pin plug is a mystery. I have other devices and other USB 3 pin plugs, none of which will work for my eeepad, and indeed even the shops various replacement plugs which will replace almost any other 3 pin usb device in the known universe does not have one compatible for this device. Your website is unhelpful - and the shopping page is even less so.

Why is this particular clutzy, large ugly plug the only one in the known universe what will charge my eepad? Why cannot I find a replacement usb plug of any sort anywhere that will work? Why do the "universal" 3 pin usb plugs in the shops which state exactly the same voltage and which can work for Sony,Apple, Amazon, Samsung and a multitude of other charger cables that have usb cables not work for my eepad? What is blocking it? what special kriptonite element did you install with it and how can I get another plug.
    p.s the Asus shopping website sucks. I can find nothing there, no help, and it does not like my credit card even though I have no problems with any otheer website, but since none of the accessories are helpful to me it makes little difference.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Have a look at this thread...LINK

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Welcome to the forum halibrewer.

I have moved all three of your posts to this thread, please do not post the same questions multiple times. That is against forum policy. You posted three times within 11 minutes. Please be patient, post once in the appropriate forum and this will help all of us handle questions as well as aid other members.

Please note we are not affiliated with ASUS. We are a community of owners and people interested in these tablets.

See the Guidelines of Conduct.
    Last edited by Swipe; 06-15-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    MikeM likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links