Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    776 times

Trident Silicone Case

Just got my Trident silicone case for my 101...really like it. Actually, being the reserved, conservative person that I am, I really wanted it in black, but was informed that black was on back order. Then they made me a deal that I couldn't refuse, they would send me a color that they had in stock, and would swap it with me when the black came in. I chose blue, and actually, it's growing on me...and I'm finding that I'm becoming more flashy in other aspects of my life since I've been using the blue...but that's another story! I had been using the Sikai silicone case before, and it was OK, but it was loose when you tapped the back of the 101. The Trident is about three times as thick, and top and bottom borders are twice as big as the Sikai. On the whole, it is a much more polished case, offers much more protection, and is a snug fit. The only question I had was that the sound vents on the Trident are on the front, but the speakers are on the side of the 101. Sikai has cut-outs where the speakers are. In my empirical tests, though, the sound seems to be the same with both cases (double meaning here!). Actually, upon careful investigation, there are inner grooves that go from the sides to the front of the vent, which, besides preventing you from snuffing the sound, routes it to the front of the device! Quite an innovative design element to compensate for a poor one by Asus! All in all, extremely well designedUntitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg
    Last edited by sculptedstylus; 03-07-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: added innovative sound grooves!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101; Samsung Galaxy S4; Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; Galaxy Note 8

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2099 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Actually, being the reserved, conservative person that I am, I really wanted it in black, but was informed that black was on back order. Then they made me a deal that I couldn't refuse, they would send me a color that they had in stock, and would swap it with me when the black came in. I chose blue, and actually, it's growing on me...and I'm finding that I'm becoming more flashy in other aspects of my life since I've been using the blue...but that's another story!
    ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS

SS, you are an absolute star...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ Android Guides - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Ads