Thread: Web Cam

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Web Cam

Web Camt up SKype on our tablet (with dock) but can't get the camera to work on it. We can get the camera to reverse in normal camera mode but this doesn't seem to activate for Skype. The not-at-all helpful assistant in Currys told me we'd need to buy an external camera, any ideas what and from where? Or do you know how to sort the problem with the built in camera? Thanks/
    Last edited by al111274; 12-27-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Posted before finishing

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    When you start a video call, you should see a camera at the bottom, if you tap on it and select front/rear camera it should show whatever the camera sees. I can tell you for a fact you do not need an external camera for it to work as my TF101 works just fine.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. I've had a try and although it looks like I'm getting a step further and the camera icon comes up I still can't get a picture I think the only options I had were camera on/off. I can't see who I'm calling and they can't see me either. It's good to hear we shouldn't need an external camera though.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Still having no luck. Been on the Skype community forum and the thread from 2011 says that video calls from eee pads are not supported. Has anyone got any update or success stories as that thread is obviously quite old. Thanks.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    81 times
    Quote Originally Posted by al111274 View Post
    Still having no luck. Been on the Skype community forum and the thread from 2011 says that video calls from eee pads are not supported. Has anyone got any update or success stories as that thread is obviously quite old. Thanks.
    Skype video calls are definitely supported on the TF101 - made my first ever Skype call just a couple of weeks ago, over an hour long without any problems at all. I have to say there were no set up issues, it just worked.

Silly question, but you have gone into the settings menu (under 'Profile') and checked 'Enable Video Calling'?
    Last edited by MikeS; 01-15-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah checked that and tried clicking the video button when making the call. I'll uninstall and try again. Having exactly the same problem with my phone too.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    81 times
    Quote Originally Posted by al111274 View Post
    Yeah checked that and tried clicking the video button when making the call. I'll uninstall and try again. Having exactly the same problem with my phone too.
    If your phone is doing the same thing I wonder if the problem might be with your internet access (maybe not fast enough to support video calling?) rather than the tablet - any possibility of checking how it works through a faster access point?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links