Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Review: rooCASE vs Acase

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Review: rooCASE vs Acase

Hello, I am doing a review of the rooCASE vs the Acase. Let me start by saying that both will definitely protect your eee pad.

ACASE

The Acase looks and feels great and is slightly thinner then the rooCASE. The Acase also uses a new material that allows a grip to hold up the eee pad. The leather on the ACASE is a much better feel then on the rooCASE. Below are pictures of the ACASE.
    SAM_0481.jpgSAM_0480.jpg

It will not allow me to upload all of the pictures so below I will continue this review.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Continuation of the review

Quote Originally Posted by JKirby View Post
    Hello, I am doing a review of the rooCASE vs the Acase. Let me start by saying that both will definitely protect your eee pad.

ACASE

The Acase looks and feels great and is slightly thinner then the rooCASE. The Acase also uses a new material that allows a grip to hold up the eee pad. The leather on the ACASE is a much better feel then on the rooCASE. Below are pictures of the ACASE.
    SAM_0481.jpgSAM_0480.jpg

It will not allow me to upload all of the pictures so below I will continue this review.

Next up is the rooCASE. This case is made of leather, but it does not feel as good as the ACASE. It allows access to all ports but you can not dock it while the tablet is in the case. It uses velcro to stand up the tablet which is alright, but not as god as the material the ACASE uses. Pictures of the rooCASE are below.

Comparison of the two cases

Overall, I like the ACASE much more than the rooCASE. The ACASE costs $25 and the rooCASE costs $30. The leather on the ACASE is much better, its thinner, as well as lighter. I plan on keeping both cases for now but I think I will use the ACASE much more. Trust me, if your looking for a case, I would definitely go with the ACASE. Below I will include pictures comparing the two cases as well as links to where I bought them from.

LINKS: http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:ME:LNLK:MEWNX
    http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:ME:LNLK:MEWNX

SAM_0471.jpgSAM_0470.jpgSAM_0472.jpgSAM_0473.jpgSAM_0474.jpg
    Pictures of both
    On the pictures with both of them, the ACASE is on the right and the rooCASE is on the left.

Also, it would not let me put the pictures of just the rooCASE in this post so just the pictures of the rooCASE will be below in a third post.
    Last edited by JKirby; 07-14-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Next up is the rooCASE. This case is made of leather, but it does not feel as good as the ACASE. It allows access to all ports but you can not dock it while the tablet is in the case. It uses velcro to stand up the tablet which is alright, but not as god as the material the ACASE uses. Pictures of the rooCASE are below.

Comparison of the two cases

Overall, I like the ACASE much more than the rooCASE. The ACASE costs $25 and the rooCASE costs $30. The leather on the ACASE is much better, its thinner, as well as lighter. I plan on keeping both cases for now but I think I will use the ACASE much more. Trust me, if your looking for a case, I would definitely go with the ACASE. Below I will include pictures comparing the two cases as well as links to where I bought them from.

LINKS: http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:ME:LNLK:MEWNX
    http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:ME:LNLK:MEWNX

SAM_0471.jpgSAM_0470.jpgSAM_0472.jpgSAM_0473.jpgSAM_0474.jpg
    Pictures of both
    On the pictures with both of them, the ACASE is on the right and the rooCASE is on the left.

Also, it would not let me put the pictures of just the rooCASE in this post so just the pictures of the rooCASE will be below in a third post.
    Sorry about having to make so many posts. Here are the pictures of just the rooCASESAM_0479.jpgSAM_0477.jpg

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just bought eeepad and looking for a case.
    So do you recommend Acase?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    71 times
    It allows access to all ports but you can not dock it while the tablet is in the case. It uses velcro to stand up the tablet which is alright, but not as god as the material the ACASE uses.
    Hi, JKirby.

Some questions :

1. How did ACase implement their stand?
    2. Does the ACase allow access to all the ports?
    3. Does the ACase allow the tablet to be docked when in the sleeve?
    4. How's access to the cameras on the ACase? On my rooCase one of the cameras is blocked a little no matter how I adjusted it. Do you have the same issue on either of the cases?

Thanks.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    71 times
    Sorry about having to make so many posts. Here are the pictures of just the rooCASESAM_0479.jpgSAM_0477.jpg
    To add to your choices, also read the Caseen / rooCase review. Isn't choice good?

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...omparison.html

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by raghukaram View Post
    I just bought eeepad and looking for a case.
    So do you recommend Acase?
    Yes I highly reccomend this case. I believe it us the best case on the market! Its so much better than the Asus case or the roocase.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by theimmc View Post
    Hi, JKirby.

Some questions :

1. How did ACase implement their stand?
    2. Does the ACase allow access to all the ports?
    3. Does the ACase allow the tablet to be docked when in the sleeve?
    4. How's access to the cameras on the ACase? On my rooCase one of the cameras is bl ocked a little no matter how I adjusted it. Do you have the same issue on either of the cases?

Thanks.
    1. The way acase made their stand is perfect. The material on the inside is awesome and keeps the tablet held up strongly.
    2. Yes, the acase implements all ports except for the docking ports.
    3. Sadly you can not dock the tablet while its in the sleeve.
    4. I have the same problem on my roocase with the back problem and some times if the tablet slightly moves down then I have problems with the webcam. I dl not have either of those problems with the acase.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the review Kirby, just one question, how much bulkiness does the acase add to the transformer? couldn't really tell from the pics, cheers

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by d_bomb_23 View Post
    Thanks for the review Kirby, just one question, how much bulkiness does the acase add to the transformer? couldn't really tell from the pics, cheers
    Its not too bad, less bulky then the roocase. I love it and it protects my tablet very nicely.
    sandray likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links