Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: caseen and rooCASE Asus Transformer Genuine Leather Cases Full Reviews (Comparison)

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    I also am unhappy about how my roo case fits my tf. It slides down a bit in standing position making the bottom icons on touch screen partially obstructed by leather and all cameras obstructed.
    I noticed that too. I think its they way the stand mechanism works, The case is very heavy in those areas and causes the TF to want to move out of place due to gravity. The caseen doesn't really have this issue due to the way the standing mechanism works and less total weight with the case in the air.

I think you can try tightening the velcro strip around the TF and see if that holds better on the rooCASE. I found that helps on mine.
    Doinmybestatlast likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I searched the web a bit and can't seem to find out if either of these work while docked? Does anyone know?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ckitts View Post
    I searched the web a bit and can't seem to find out if either of these work while docked? Does anyone know?
    Caseen - I suspect not. rooCase, definitely not. Even if you can fit it, the rooCase is very heavy and it will be unstable.

Both these cases have the dock connectors on the spine side of the folio. On the rooCase, the connectors are actually exposed when the folio is opened, but there's a flap that goes across it holding the tablet in place. If you remove the flap, the bottom of the tablet is exposed and you could slide the keyboard in, but the whole thing becomes extremely top heavy.

When I receive my keyboard dock I'll take a photo to show what I mean.

However, it is extremely easy to remove the tablet from the case.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Exclamation A link to the review on our forum made caseen's official blog!

Hey my review made caseen's official blog!! =D

http://www.caseen.com/caseens-SKINNY...mmer_b_16.html

Also it looks like caseen just issued a LOW STOCK warning for the transformer cases, and will be issueing back orders when they run out... =(

http://www.caseen.com/caseen-SKINNY-...-out_b_17.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I ordered both the Caseen and the roo cases due to a memory error on my part, and the wife wanted one in pink... so Caseen it is. Now having both cases and doing the embroidery patch [wife's nickname...don't ask] on the roo case, I can't return this overweight luggage. The whole point of the tablet over a netbook is weight and portability, as well as looks. The roo fails miserably in every criteria.The roo case is like the Model T: you can have any color so long as it is black. So if you are buying this tablet for your wife or girlfriend, you want a girlie color cover to make her happy. Caseen has pink -'nuff said.

Now as for functionality and looks:
    They both protect the tablet.
    The roo is heavy, and the Caseen is light.
    The roo has a velcro flap that makes it nearly impossible to fit on the dock; and the Caseen does fit, albeit not kindly.
    Caseen comes with a free stylus [Responsive. Really good for gaming!]
    Caseen comes in pink and black [his and hers].
    Caseen looks better [?!?]. This is because it is thinner.

Price: Caseen. [Caseen includes free shipping].

My choice: Caseen.
    Last edited by Doinmybestatlast; 07-22-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to add crap

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Doinmybestatlast View Post
    Price: Caseen. [Caseen includes free shipping].
    They hiked the price from $30 to $35 since the review was originally posted. Still includes the free stylus though.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just received my caseen case and am using it now. The transformer fits in it perfectly and i rally like the case. Looking forward to getting much use out of it! If you are looking for a quality case, i think theirs is very nice. I paid more to buy from them thansellers on ebay and i am very happy with the quality.

Thanks caseen.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My wife has been bitchin' about me hogging her Transformer, so I decide to buy my own. I pick one up at Office Depot for $299 [paid tax though] using a Staples $100 off coupon for tablets [Staples is sneaky since they are out of stock]. My local OD takes my coupon! Go check out FW and check out the thread. Some Toys R' Us are also price matching.

So I place my order for a Caseen case. Black. My wife has a pink one so I know what the black one will be about. I get this response back from Caseen:

Dear caseen customers,

An important announcement:

We have just received stock of our new SKINNY Asus Transformer genuine leather revision II cases in Black and True Pink! We are shipping all backordered SKINNY Asus Transformer TF101 genuine leather cases today!!! All backorders should receive their cases soon. caseen was able to get ASUS case shipment early, so all back orders promised shipment in early August will now ship July 27th! We also want to note that the case you will be receiving is considered revision II of our popular CS-80044 and CS-80045 models. The revision II has an updated stylus/pen holder that is longer to fit a bigger variety of pens!

Thank you for loyal support,

caseen
    "Love Your Device"
    ----
    So I am going to get an improved version of their already well-received case. I like the original so maybe Revision 2 is better. I sure hope so. Anyways, I like to use the stylus for gaming. A built-in holder is a nice feature.
    ----
    Received a shipping confirmation just now. Blah, blah, blah EARLY SHIPMENT for my backorder [Didn't know my order is on backorder since I ordered it last week].
    Last edited by Doinmybestatlast; 07-27-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Actually an update

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I wish I would have seen this thread earlier, but I just received the Slim-Fit rooCase. If anyone's interested, it's 10.8 oz and the total thickness (average around the side) with the TF mounted is about 0.85". Anyway, I'm not unhappy with it. No magnetic clasp and is adjustable to 3 different viewing angles. It comes with a stylus but I can't find anywhere to mount it in the case. It has a rubber piece that fits into the headphone jack that holds it in place. Stylus seems to work fine.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Will you post a photo of the transformer docked with the Caseen case on?

Will you post a photo of the transformer docked with the Caseen case on?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links