Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Clarivue and Steinheil screen protector install tips

  1. #1
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    3,118
    Liked
    365 times

    Clarivue and Steinheil screen protector install tips

    With both of these now available I thought I would share a few install tips that I figured out for myself. These are both dry apply films and do not require anything to install them except a little patience. Here are a few tips that will help get that perfect install.

    • Go into your bathroom and shut the door. Turn your shower on hot (or take a shower) and let the steam build up. This will keep dust particles from floating around. Dust is one of the biggest problems when installing any screen protectors.
    • Lay the protector on the screen and familiarize yourself on how it fits lines up to all four edges.
    • Thoroughly clean the screen using a a microfiber eyeglass cleaning cloth and either eyeglass cleaning solution or a mix of isopropyl alcohol and water. Make sure you clean all the way to the edges. After cleaning the screen clean it again just to be sure.
    • Keep a roll of good quality scotch tape with you. Not that gummy generic junk. It will help bring the protector up if you need to realign it. I have found it best to put pieces on opposite corners to peel it up and a long piece across the length to help lay it back down if needed. You can also use the tape method during you initial installation if you want to help align it.
    • The protector will have to protective coating on it. One on the adhesive side and one on the side facing out. Do not remove the outside coating until you have it where you want it.
    • Take your time!!!!


    Use these tips and you should have no issues at all.

  2. #2
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    44
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North Jersey-USA
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    2,156
    Liked
    337 times
    Who knew? The shower? Have to try that one
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

    nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Member #
    2531
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8,595
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    With both of these now available I thought I would share a few install tips that I figured out for myself. These are both dry apply films and do not require anything to install them except a little patience. Here are a few tips that will help get that perfect install.

    • Go into your bathroom and shut the door. Turn your shower on hot (or take a shower) and let the steam build up. This will keep dust particles from floating around. Dust is one of the biggest problems when installing any screen protectors.
    • Lay the protector on the screen and familiarize yourself on how it fits lines up to all four edges.
    • Thoroughly clean the screen using a a microfiber eyeglass cleaning cloth and either eyeglass cleaning solution or a mix of isopropyl alcohol and water. Make sure you clean all the way to the edges. After cleaning the screen clean it again just to be sure.
    • Keep a roll of good quality scotch tape with you. Not that gummy generic junk. It will help bring the protector up if you need to realign it. I have found it best to put pieces on opposite corners to peel it up and a long piece across the length to help lay it back down if needed. You can also use the tape method during you initial installation if you want to help align it.
    • The protector will have to protective coating on it. One on the adhesive side and one on the side facing out. Do not remove the outside coating until you have it where you want it.
    • Take your time!!!!


    Use these tips and you should have no issues at all.
    You may want to do a video... lol
    buzzman likes this.

  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    5535
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    1 times
    wouldn't the shower and steam induce moisture buildup inside the transformer though?

  5. #5
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    3,118
    Liked
    365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by obi1visionary View Post
    wouldn't the shower and steam induce moisture buildup inside the transformer though?

    Not unless you do it while standing in the shower. The minimal time it will be exposed to the steam will not do any harm.

  6. #6
    olc
    olc is offline
    Soundwave
    Member #
    16143
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Not unless you do it while standing in the shower. The minimal time it will be exposed to the steam will not do any harm.
    Wouldn't moisture settling on the screen be a problem with getting the protector to adhere? Or would it help with getting bubbles out? Anyone have any info?

  7. #7
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    3,118
    Liked
    365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olc View Post
    Wouldn't moisture settling on the screen be a problem with getting the protector to adhere? Or would it help with getting bubbles out? Anyone have any info?
    You only want enough steam to help any surrounding dust settle.

  8. #8
    Soundwave
    Member #
    3864
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    You only want enough steam to help any surrounding dust settle.
    I tried this method n it works a treat. The steam from the shower sets dust partial in the air, hence when u lay down the screen guard there are less chance of dust trapped between the screen guard and TF screen.

    All excess moisture can easily be squeezed out after applying the screen guard.

  9. #9
    Soundwave
    Member #
    24093
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Tablet
    TF201
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    The shower trick is something photographers do for cleaning/changing lenses too.

  10. #10
    Soundwave
    Member #
    26776
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Amazing find...we really have to try the shower.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Steinheil Screen Protectors now available!!!
    By Garemlin in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Accessories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 11:03 AM
  2. Screen protector?
    By Yoemo in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 09-18-2011, 06:20 PM
  3. Clarivue Screen Protectors now available!!!!
    By Garemlin in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Accessories
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 11:20 AM
  4. Screen Protection by Steinheil
    By lpasternack in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 09:33 AM
  5. Screen Protector for the Transformer
    By dandroid in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 07:00 PM

Search tags for this page

best asus transformer screen protector

,
clarivue iphone 4 screen protectors
,
clarivue steinheil
,

clarivue vs steinheil

,

how to install steinheil screen protector

,
how to put on clarivue
,
ipad screen protector shower method steinheil
,
steinheil screen clean isopropyl
,

steinheil screen protector

,

steinheil screen protector installation

,
steinheil screen protector tips
,
steinheil vs clarivue
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:10 AM.