Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb Apple Magic Trackpad with TF101

Hey all,

Looking for some help here. After watching a video online of a guy using an Apple Magic Trackpad with his Galaxy Nexus (desktop replacement style...) I did some searching and found a few other threads where people were saying they were actively using the Trackpad with their tablet. Some were Xoom, some were the Transformer, but all said they were able to make it work. However, these posts were written pre-catastrophic update to ICS. I purchased a Trackpad, and I was unpleasantly surprised to find that my tablet won't work with it. When I first got it going, it paired just fine, but nothing happened when I touched the Trackpad. So I tried unpairing and repairing, removing the batteries from the trackpad (they're fine) and rebooting the tablet, all with no result. The Trackpad will pair, the use trackpad for input box is checked, but nothing happens on screen. I gave up for the day and tried again this afternoon to find that now the tablet won't even recognize the device in the bluetooth list. I put both devices into discovery mode and finally the Trackpad showed up under the device list, but this time I'm getting a message that says: "Can't Communicate With Apple Magic Trackpad."

So what I'm trying to find out is, are there any other Trackpad users out there? If so, have you experienced similar issues? If there aren't other Trackpad users, does anyone have any ideas for how I could attempt to make this device work?

One last note: I ruled out that the Trackpad is bad, given that I was able to pair and use the device with my brother's Mac with absolutely no problems.

Thanks for any suggestions and helpful commentary,

Dan D.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I found this demonstration of it:Motorola Xoom and Apple Magic Trackpad - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Looking at it, I would make sure that in your touchpad pointer style is set to Gestures in Settings - ASUS customized settings - Touchpad Pointer Style.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    I found this demonstration of it:Motorola Xoom and Apple Magic Trackpad - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Looking at it, I would make sure that in your touchpad pointer style is set to Gestures in Settings - ASUS customized settings - Touchpad Pointer Style.
    Hey, thanks for looking into this for me. I tried changing the pointer settings to gesture - no change. However, I was able to finally get the Trackpad to pair with the tablet. Super weird. Seems like Xoom owners are having no problems with this at all. I'm hoping ASUS will put out an update that will fix all the other issues people have been having as well as my issue too.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links