Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Transformer Case Review Thread

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the Asus case. The first day I hated it but then I realized the different positions it was really designed for. Now I like the case. It is sturdy and does not move when typing. $40 is a little steep but well worth it if you want some form of protection.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I've only bought one case, but I would recommend it to others. It's the rooCase from Amazon for $25. Nice quality, excellent fit, sturdy, Love that it holds the Transformer at different angles, port cutouts well placed, nice magnetic closure. Only cons so to speak and I don't think they can be fixed: adds a good bit of weight to the Transformer and I wish I could have it closed when charging, but that would require another cutout for the charging port.
    Vicki
    Cerveza likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vicsue View Post
    I've only bought one case, but I would recommend it to others. It's the rooCase from Amazon for $25. Nice quality, excellent fit, sturdy, Love that it holds the Transformer at different angles, port cutouts well placed, nice magnetic closure. Only cons so to speak and I don't think they can be fixed: adds a good bit of weight to the Transformer and I wish I could have it closed when charging, but that would require another cutout for the charging port.
    Vicki
    I have both the RooCase (pre-ordered) and caseen black leather cases. I took pictures of both, and will post a full review with pictures soon. You are definitely right, the RooCase is nice, but adds too much weight to the Transformer. The caseen case I have is eerily similar in design (same quality leather and mounting style), but saves weight and thickness too by using a different standing system (notching points, works for me). You can see the difference here: caseen Asus Eee Pad Transformer Black Genuine Leather Folio Case w/ Convertible Multi Stand
    Last edited by subfocus; 07-15-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've bought the "Official" one while I was in the US (and also bought the TF, of course). Overall, I like it, the look is ok, is tight and kinda looks good. The downside is that I feel that the material it is made of kinda "attracts" dust and stains... I dunno how to put it in other words, but you have to allways be wiping it with your hand in order to have it neat. The stands... For the typing position is ok, since you are "pressuring" it down as you type... For movie watching (Tested it on an airplane) it kinda moves a little, but it is ok.
    As everyone else think, it should be a 25 bucks article. But it is ok
    I think it all comes down to how are you gonna use your TF... If I would move it or carry it everywhere, everyday, I would go for a case, with some more protection... I'm not thinking on doing that, so my "official" does the trick for me.

Those were my two cents, greetings to everyone from Argentina.

Diego

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks for the feedback. I checked out the caseen and other than how they fold they are very similar. I like to sit in my recliner with my Asus so I still put the roocase first. I fold it so the Asus is in landscape mode and tilted back for easier reading. It also gives me a couple of inces free and I can put my stylus there. I'm sure all the cases are OK, it all boils down to what's most convienient and has good value for the price.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I boght the roo case. When using the velcro in the tilt standing position, tf will slide out of position causing the cameras to be covered. . I will be returning mine and will preorder the roo slim instead.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    I boght the roo case. When using the velcro in the tilt standing position, tf will slide out of position causing the cameras to be covered. . I will be returning mine and will preorder the roo slim instead.
    Did you make sure the tab holding the tablet in the pouch is pushed up as far as it can go? In that position I found that the tablet doesn't slip, and the front camera is completely unblocked. However, the top of the rear camera, especially the corners, is blocked.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by theimmc View Post
    Did you make sure the tab holding the tablet in the pouch is pushed up as far as it can go? In that position I found that the tablet doesn't slip, and the front camera is completely unblocked. However, the top of the rear camera, especially the corners, is blocked.
    Yeah, on my roo you have to wrap the TF tightly with the velcro strap in order for it to not fall out as much... its due to the top heavy nature of the case... I reported in the full review thread that the caseen doesn't have this problem due to the stand mechanism and less top heavy nature.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Got my official ASUS sleeve today from German Amazon (ordered yesterday ).
    Bad things:
    Velcro close is not the prettiest addition to overall elegance, I would prefer a magnetic clip but then they are not as strong.
    The material used is really attracting dust and get scratched (not permanently fortunately), but on the oder hand it stick to your palm and wont slip so easy as other cases could.
    There is no hole in the outer bottom layer so to charge or transfer data you need to keep the case open.
    To have it laying "above flat" you need to turn the pad upside-down and that position affects the FPS on home screen while changing desktops (not the case fault but forces to work in such position).

Good things:
    The fitting is perfect and finishing quality is very good.
    I personally like the fact that the microSD slot is covered (keep that in mind if you swap your memory card often).
    The cover around the screen is smaller thus there is no need for camera and light sensor holes.
    The stand is very solid, you can type and draw without risk of finger slipping from the track.

Price a bit high - 40 Euro. I would value it for 20.

obs
    Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have this case:
    Amazon.com: CaseCrown Bold Standby Case for ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Tablet: Electronics

Inexpensive, genuine leather, great fit, and same as the rooCase, but $10 cheaper. Highly reccommended.

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links