Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Keyboard dock mini review

Recieved it today. Well built, feels solid and very nice keys. bad points to note:

1. When typing on certain sites there is a slight delay between what you're typing and what you see. Especially on this forum.

2. Viewing pictures from an SD card. No slideshow function, no rotate pictures function and you have to view picture and come out of it to view next pic. Also the pictures look a little 'soft' focus. Am I missing something obvious here?

3. Using a memory stick. It couldn't find ANY files on it. Very strange. No pics or word documents.

4. Keyboard stops functioning all together and you have to disconnect and connect again. Happened twice so far randomly.

Please let me know if you can help, maybe I'm missing something and I'm stupid.

p.s. this was all typed using the keyboard. The lag from pressing on the keyboard and whats appearing on the screen is starting to get a little annoying.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Make sure you have the latest firmware installed for the keyboard.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Agreed make sure you have the latest firmware. ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101

One problem I have is getting the tablet to seat properly. I really have to push that thing in to get it to lock.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by denbo View Post
    Agreed make sure you have the latest firmware. ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101

One problem I have is getting the tablet to seat properly. I really have to push that thing in to get it to lock.
    Thanks for the replies.

As soon as I docked it, it automatically downloaded an update.

I think I sorted the keyboard lag now by doing the debug trick on the browser.

SD card viewed pictures were DEFINITELY not sharp when viewing through the Gallery. Downloaded a picviewer app (can't remember the name) and it views it at full res, BIG improvement. Plus, you can scroll through the pics unlike the standard Gallery.

So, after a bit of messing, I'm starting to like it more. I know what you mean about it not sitting properly on connectors, it feels a bit loose.

The Transformer will definitely not replace my pc or laptop, but it tries hard. Its more of a browser/video viewer than anything else.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by creakymr2 View Post
    bad points to note:

1. When typing on certain sites there is a slight delay between what you're typing and what you see. Especially on this forum.

2. Viewing pictures from an SD card. No slideshow function, no rotate pictures function and you have to view picture and come out of it to view next pic. Also the pictures look a little 'soft' focus. Am I missing something obvious here?

3. Using a memory stick. It couldn't find ANY files on it. Very strange. No pics or word documents.
    None of these appear to be anything specifically to do with the dock. Lag in the web browser is universal, especially on this forum (I suspect that the rich text editor is a particular poor implementation and is stretching the JavaScript engine to its limits). Your picture browsing issues are with the application you're using to browse them.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links