Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Bluetooth Keyboard

My transformer will be used in a couple ways. As a stand alone tablet using touch only. Docked to the keyboard with a USB mouse plugged in (the USB mouse works great). Or, sometimes, as a replacement PC/notebook.

When I am interested in using it instead of one of my PC's or notebooks, I would perfer to use a standard full size keyboard for serious typing.

Is there a good, but not too expensive, blue tooth keyboard/mouse combo that would work well with the tablet?

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Logitech usually has a few to offer. I'm using one with the PC that controls my CNC machine. Just be careful though because not all of their wireless keyboard use bluetooth, but instead require their proprietary dongle. Here is one: LINK

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dthinker View Post
    Logitech usually has a few to offer. I'm using one with the PC that controls my CNC machine. Just be careful though because not all of their wireless keyboard use bluetooth, but instead require their proprietary dongle. Here is one: LINK
    Probably what I would need, but more than I would spend. Thanks though........

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    When you search on Amazon or wherever the key is to recognize the difference in terms. Wireless means it will need a dongle to plug into a USB port and Bluetooth means it will communicate via Bluetooth with the table. This is the theory anyway. Here is an Amazon link.
    Amazon:bluetooth keyboard
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Would this work?

Since Bluetooth keyboards are kind of expensive, perhaps a usb keyboard would fit the bill...... Would a full size USB keyboard plugged into the dock/keyboard function?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    Would this work?

Since Bluetooth keyboards are kind of expensive, perhaps a usb keyboard would fit the bill...... Would a full size USB keyboard plugged into the dock/keyboard function?
    I plugged in my Mac USB keyboard and it didn't recognize it. I shut down and restarted but to no avail. Keyboards may require a driver?
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    It's worked for me with a bog-standard Dell USB keyboard, certainly. Mouse, too. I imagine a fancy-schmancy keyboard with extras might require a driver to work.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    I bought this one for my Archos 70. I just tried it on the AT last night and it works fine. Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 with Comfort Curve and Detachable Number Pad - Perfect Smartphone Accessory, Open Box at 3B Tech - Buy computer parts, notebooks, desktops, & home electronics

It's 38.90 with free shipping. It also has a number pad with it. I haven't tried that since I don't need it.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Airedale View Post
    I bought this one for my Archos 70. I just tried it on the AT last night and it works fine. Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 with Comfort Curve and Detachable Number Pad - Perfect Smartphone Accessory, Open Box at 3B Tech - Buy computer parts, notebooks, desktops, & home electronics

It's 38.90 with free shipping. It also has a number pad with it. I haven't tried that since I don't need it.
    Does it work across a small bedroom? I hooked up my TF to the bedroom flatscreen last night and realized what a super movie player the TF makes. With the BT keyboard as a remote, it would be perfect.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Acutally thinking about it (on my six mile morning walk where I do my best thinking......), I don't think the keyboard would work for controlling movie play and such. I would be better with a bluetooth mouse to control the TF from across the room. True??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links