Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Smile Got my dock/keyboard for $115

Finally, I am all set! I lucked out with the early purchase of my TF early May, then got a glimpse of the keyboard on 5/12/11 but it ran out of stock while I was messing with my order. See, the price was so low ($115!) that I had to run a check on the retailer. All seemed legit but alas, I was late.

I placed the order with them, anyway, and was checking on the inventory (they also have availability email alerts). I figured, having the pad itself, I will have something to play with, and since I am not a heavy keyboardist, was ok with waiting. Their CC is very responsive, had detailed correspondence with them. They received a batch of 600 units two weeks ago and gave priority to the back orders. The total wait was long, about four weeks, but today I have the keyboard, all new, cool-looking, and functional!

The store has them out of stock again but estimates a supply on 6/7/11 (do not take word on it...). If you are ok with a probable wait but saving some money, here's the link to CostCentral:
    ASUS - Web tablet docking station (TF101-DOCK) - Miscellaneous

Now, I only need a nice anti-fingerprint screen and a neat case! Will check the other posts to see what the word is on these items.
    Ed
    Photographer, Zorz Studios

Asus Eee Pad Transformer w/dock
    Palm III > Palm Vx + Omnisky wireless modem > Palm m505 > Sony Clie > Palm Treo > Samsung i760 (WM6) > Moto Droid OG > Moto Droid Bionic

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Congrats on your deal. I got mine for $119 a while back myself and it is definately worth the price. I use the dock on Monday thru Friday at work and then a leather case/stand at home and weekends. It works out very nice for my needs.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah, I paid $149 for my dock, but found it somewhere else for $115, so I emailed the company that I purchased it from for a price match and they did - but they said the other company would ship for $19, which was totally false as they offer free shipping over $80. So I did get some credit, but not as much as I should have - I'm still happy though

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    @mickeylittle---what case/stand do you use? thanks

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flkb View Post
    @mickeylittle---what case/stand do you use? thanks
    Here's a link with a review of mine. http://www.transformerforums.com/for...se-review.html
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zorz View Post
    Finally, I am all set! I lucked out with the early purchase of my TF early May, then got a glimpse of the keyboard on 5/12/11 but it ran out of stock while I was messing with my order. See, the price was so low ($115!) that I had to run a check on the retailer. All seemed legit but alas, I was late.

I placed the order with them, anyway, and was checking on the inventory (they also have availability email alerts). I figured, having the pad itself, I will have something to play with, and since I am not a heavy keyboardist, was ok with waiting. Their CC is very responsive, had detailed correspondence with them. They received a batch of 600 units two weeks ago and gave priority to the back orders. The total wait was long, about four weeks, but today I have the keyboard, all new, cool-looking, and functional!

The store has them out of stock again but estimates a supply on 6/7/11 (do not take word on it...). If you are ok with a probable wait but saving some money, here's the link to CostCentral:
    ASUS - Web tablet docking station (TF101-DOCK) - Miscellaneous

Now, I only need a nice anti-fingerprint screen and a neat case! Will check the other posts to see what the word is on these items.
    thanks for the link, I just ordered mine

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Here's a link with a review of mine. http://www.transformerforums.com/for...se-review.html
    Mickey,

I like your case a lot, like its form factor and the professional feel. It is on top of my list but I want to wait a bit more to see if anything else comes up. So, I suppose you cannot attach the cased tablet to the keyboard, can you?
    Ed
    Photographer, Zorz Studios

Asus Eee Pad Transformer w/dock
    Palm III > Palm Vx + Omnisky wireless modem > Palm m505 > Sony Clie > Palm Treo > Samsung i760 (WM6) > Moto Droid OG > Moto Droid Bionic

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zorz View Post
    Mickey,

I like your case a lot, like its form factor and the professional feel. It is on top of my list but I want to wait a bit more to see if anything else comes up. So, I suppose you cannot attach the cased tablet to the keyboard, can you?
    No sir. To my knowledge there isn't a case on the market that will do that and as tight a fit it would almost have to be an engineering feat. But who knows...
    Current Devices:

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links