Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Master list of Asus Transformer Accessories

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Most people are using screen protectors on tablets to lessen fingerprints. But glass can scratch. You just never know.
    Isn't Gorilla glass scratch protected by itself? I heared about test to scratch gorilla glass with scissors with no success, so could any screen protector make any extra protection?
    Also how about screen feedback with screen protector, does s.b. test it?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    Isn't Gorilla glass scratch protected by itself? I heared about test to scratch gorilla glass with scissors with no success, so could any screen protector make any extra protection?
    Also how about screen feedback with screen protector, does s.b. test it?
    Anything harder than glass will scratch it. Perfect example is sand. There are many people with Droids and Droid X's that have scratched their gorilla glass screens. Granted most get them from sticking them in their pockets. But there is always a chance. My philosophy on screen protectors has always been this:

It is cheap insurance that is better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

And dood quality screen protectors do not lessen the sensitivity or clarity of your screen. I run a Steinheil Ultra on my DX and have put Clarivue on my daughters Samsung Reality and ipod touch. Both are dry apply. You can't even tell there is a screen protector installed.
    androidchicago likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    yes gorilla glass will scratch just not as bad as tablets with out it. I would like a screen protector that would take some of the glare away and protect the screen with out killing the color but I do not know of any at the moment. Also I heard the techskin heals itself? so if the protector gets a scratch it will vanish over time.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    No. There are many universal accessories that will work fine with any 10.1" tablet. Why limit the list to cases made specifically for the Asus when there are a ton of other options. As you can see I have netbook sleeves listed. They work just fine. If it fits, use it.

And where do you see any iPad cases or sleeves in my list???
    The USA gear one has the I pad as the example. An Ipad with a 10" screen measured diagonally at a 4:3 ratio will have different housing dimensions than a honeycomb tab with a 10" screen measured diagonally at a 16:9 ratio. I've tried different cases at best buy designed for "tablets" including the I pad and they were all too short. The thicker bezel on the transformer brings the dimensions outside of most "tablet" cases. I'm just trying to prevent anyone from being disappointed when they order a universal case only to find that its too small or has a 1.5" gap all the way around on the inside. Both of which senarios I personally experienced in store, transformer in hand.

So if it fits the Ipad its not likely to fit the transformer properly
    Last edited by jdmnash; 05-01-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gandda12 View Post
    Nice! Be sure to give us a little review of it when it arrives!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    IMG_0058.jpgI'm a cheap skate. I hate to pay $40. for a case. I had a $10. case for the xoom- also a universal one but the company made xoom cutouts for it. I made it fit the asus and not too bad. The vinyl straps stretched and it is only short on the sides 1/2 in. Still good protection for the screen and back. Amazon. If you read the reviews people will be honest and say how good a fit it is. When this is out a while the knock off ones will come out for $10 or less. I also got a universal case with a front pocket-for the asus. $3. with $5. shipping. This last case will only be good for the docked version. But for $8. total- a great buy for a travel case. Good protection and a pocket for accessories.

Amazon.com: CrazyOnDigital Folio Leather Case for Motorola Xoom (Updated Version). Bonus Wristband Included: Electronics I paid $9.99 and $3. shipping

Amazon.com: Fits Up to 8.9-inch Netbooks Foam Padded Faux Leather Case with Front Pocket: Electronics Still $3. with $5. shipping It says for 8.9 in screen, but my 10.1 asus netbook fits. So will the tab.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by buzzman; 05-06-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    more pics- This is the folio made for the xoom- but generic..Fits pretty good. I had to stretch the vinyl straps quite a bit to make it fit. They are very thin. If they break I can always put in elastic.

So if you want to save, you can fudge it a bit.
    The link is above- Crazy on digital folio leather case for moto xoom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by buzzman; 05-08-2011 at 10:03 AM.

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    171 times
    Pretty nice buzzman! Thanks for sharing links and pics! I like that case with the front pocket.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    one drawback to that case is it only has 4 straps- 2 on the top flap and 2 on the bottom flap. So if it's not connected to the dock there is nothing to hold it in. The straps you see in the pic are the ones from the folio case. My dock should be here next week. I'll take more pics and share with the whole set up. But for $8.00 you can't go wrong!
    ************************************************** ****************************
    Perfect fit with the dock. Pocket can hold quite a bit of accessories with the power brick. Nicely padded for protection and handles for carrying.
    Last edited by buzzman; 05-18-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links