Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unable to turn ON... please help

Took this with me to Europe..not really a fan of this thing yet but okay...it makes it easy to do a few things. I have it charged, or so I think because I can't tell.... it wont turn on in any way, shape or form. Hooked it up to laptop computer for a charge and a go... left it all night. Left it plugged in...NOTHING

WTF....why can't I get this stupid thing to turn on??? It worked a few days ago. Please email my phone charlenemanley@hotmail.com. It goes to my blackberry. Anyone? Help? Thanks in advance...

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by beekeeper View Post
    Took this with me to Europe..not really a fan of this thing yet but okay...it makes it easy to do a few things. I have it charged, or so I think because I can't tell.... it wont turn on in any way, shape or form. Hooked it up to laptop computer for a charge and a go... left it all night. Left it plugged in...NOTHING

WTF....why can't I get this stupid thing to turn on??? It worked a few days ago. Please email my phone charlenemanley@hotmail.com. It goes to my blackberry. Anyone? Help? Thanks in advance...
    Your pc will only trickle charge the TF. I suggest you use the wall charger provided and give it a good charge.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by beekeeper View Post

You seem to have two problems:

1. If you connect the TF to any Desktop PC or Laptop, your TF would only get a trikle charge - as the computer USB port is designed to provide only 5V and low current - whereas the Asus charger that came with the TF actually supplies 11V when it detects the Asus Charger cable being attached to it.

2. Many Laptops are by default configured to switch off their USB ports when the laptop itself ha gone into sleep mode - in some Laptops there may be a BIOS option to overrie this option - but this usually works only if the laptop is actually getting charged through Mains. In any case however because of reason (1) above the charging will be very very slow.

You can actually change your forum preferences and set it up so that you can make the forum send you an email notification whenever someone responds to your message - but you also need to subscribe to the thread to receive either instant notification.

The effort involved in trying to send email to some other external email address makes it almost impossible for volunteers on this forum to send you separate emails to your specific email address. It is better and emails would be sent to you automatically if you subscribe to a thread and set change notification to reach you by email etc.
    Last edited by vlbaindoor; 10-13-2011 at 05:36 PM.
    VLBaindoor

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    71 times
    Just throwing this in, in case it is the issue:

If it is powered off (instead of sleep mode), you need to hold the power button for about 3 seconds and let go, for it to power up. If 3 seconds doesn't work, try a longer interval.

I had to do that once, when it strangely wouldn't wake up after being in sleep mode on the plane. The being on a plane part is probably coincidence.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    902 times
    You can actually change your forum preferences and set it up so that you can make the forum send you an email notification whenever someone responds to your message - but you also need to subscribe to the thread to receive either instant notification.
    To subscribe, you tap on "Thread Tools" on the thick black line at the top of this thread, and tap "Subscribe to this Page," and choose "Notified Type" from the drop down menu, and then tap "Add Subscription."

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links