Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thumbs up Tilt/Compass sensor rotated of 90 degree for any apps from market

I have tried any "maze" game from market,those that need a tilt sensor to play inclinating the tablet.
    All of them runs in portrait mode (need to turn tablet portrait) and all of them are implayable, because tilt vectors appear rotated by 90 degree.
    The same happens to compass sensor for alcompass utility.

I have readed somewhere that applications must be ware they are running in a tablet, and correct data itself, but this seem absurd to me.
    Basicalli, the tilt and compass sensor on asus transformer is USELESS as far as ANY market application have wrong behaviour.

Do exist any settings to solve this issure ? Is google aware of this ? Can it be fixed at honeycomb level adding a preference to give applications vector data with the orientation they expect ?

From user point of view this is a BROKEN device, as far no application using tilt and compass sensor really work for it.

Please help!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    You are not alone. More about the compass HERE.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    No, you cannot lay the blame for lazy programmers at ASUS's feet. The same problem exists for every other tablet running Honeycomb. Google gives very specific guidelines on how to program for the compass in a device independent way, and people who programmed pre-Honeycomb just ignored this, and used a simpler method that just worked for phones (because that is all that there was). Now that tablets are existing, they need to go back and fix their code to do it right, and they have chosen not to do it (perhaps they don't see the value in supporting tablets). Those apps need to be bashed, not the TF!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    BTW...My compass works fine.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I can tell mine is OK by pointing Google Sky Map at something at night and it knows where I am in space and time. If you haven't tried it yet you're missing out.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Effectively, i have found that at least one maze game do work with the tablet, Labirynt lite..
    I have no direct experience on android programming, but if so many application are flawed i suspect this is because wrong api design, not only lazy programmers. So i would invite google to make a compatibility mode available, so user can select it when an application behaviour on the table assuming it is a phone.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

re:compass

Mine seems to be doing the same thing, but I wanted to make sure before assuming its juts software, and not a hardware issue that I need to return the device for.

My compass app (which was the highest rated on the market, and works great on my Droid x) always shows about 90 degrees off (counterclockwise). Furthermore any game that I have downloaded so far (sniper games,racing games) that require the accelrometer (tilt for control) always goes to the lower right corner of the screen. I can make it move by tilting in other directions, but not easily, and certainly not playable.
    My Google maps works great, being that I can turn the compass on in it, and it will literally tell me if I'm turned towards the road or towards the woods behind my house just bY sitting on the couch and turning the device. Amazing!

Does anyone have any tilt for control games that are known good for the TF? I really hope its just software, because I dont want to live without my tf now lol...

TIA!

Actaeon

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links