Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My asus transformer does not turn on!!!!!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy My asus transformer does not turn on!!!!!!!

I remember like 2 days ago, it was working normally and the last time I was using it, I was on Youtube. Then I just stopped the video and locked the screen and went to my computer. I then just didn't use my transformer for day. The next day, when I wanted to use my tablet, it was turned off and I thought "hmm, probably the batteries died". So then I put it on charge and waited 20 minutes and then decided to turn it on, but it doesn't turn on! I was holding the power button for a long time, many times! Including the power/volume down. This is the 3rd day of my Transformer not turning on! Please help me!!! D:

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellagoodmika View Post
    I remember like 2 days ago, it was working normally and the last time I was using it, I was on Youtube. Then I just stopped the video and locked the screen and went to my computer. I then just didn't use my transformer for day. The next day, when I wanted to use my tablet, it was turned off and I thought "hmm, probably the batteries died". So then I put it on charge and waited 20 minutes and then decided to turn it on, but it doesn't turn on! I was holding the power button for a long time, many times! Including the power/volume down. This is the 3rd day of my Transformer not turning on! Please help me!!! D:
    Hello and welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear about your problem. When you held the power + the power down did you hold it for 10 to 12 seconds?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    Welcome to the forum.

I would try giving it a good 3 hour charge on the tablet alone using a standard USB port. This should give the tablet about 10% charge. I have had some issues with the TF charger not charging since updating to 3.2.

Also, try separating the 2 pieces of the wall wart adapter and bending the pins on the larger part inward just slightly and then putting it back together (there is a black arrow on the plug side to show you which way to take it a part).

Another option is to try taking the wall plug and putting it in a ziploc bag and freezing it for about a half hour to reset something inside of it.

Beyond that, the options I have involve leaving the TF unplugged and pressing and holding the LOCK and VOLUME DOWN buttons for about 5-6 seconds to see if it springs to life. Finally from the off position with it unplugged try a 20-30 second hold on the LOCK button to see if that works.
    lwolfarth likes this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Fred, I don't know what this forum would be like without you? Keep up the good work.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    Ok, so update us on how it's going and if 1 of the above methods worked for you please post which 1 so that others who come along with a similar problem and read this thread will see what helped you.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CUWader View Post
    Fred, I don't know what this forum would be like without you? Keep up the good work.
    It would be almost the same, with Mickey posting a lot more of his classic resets!

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    It would be almost the same, with Mickey posting a lot more of his classic resets!
    Don't sell yourself short my friend. I wouldn't have mentioned everything you did above. But there is a great chance that plugging it into the USB on a computer will wake it up and then he can adjust his power adapter's prongs or get a new one.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

I would try giving it a good 3 hour charge on the tablet alone using a standard USB port. This should give the tablet about 10% charge. I have had some issues with the TF charger not charging since updating to 3.2.

Also, try separating the 2 pieces of the wall wart adapter and bending the pins on the larger part inward just slightly and then putting it back together (there is a black arrow on the plug side to show you which way to take it a part).

Another option is to try taking the wall plug and putting it in a ziploc bag and freezing it for about a half hour to reset something inside of it.

Beyond that, the options I have involve leaving the TF unplugged and pressing and holding the LOCK and VOLUME DOWN buttons for about 5-6 seconds to see if it springs to life. Finally from the off position with it unplugged try a 20-30 second hold on the LOCK button to see if that works.
    OMGOMGOMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! *O* YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER! I DIDN'T TELL MY DAD YET CAUSE I WAS SCARED IT BROKE! BUT NOW IT TURNED ON! I let it charge for 3 hours on the usb port and it finally turned on!! (I've been charging my tablet normally for the past 2 days and it never turned on, but charging on the computer helped it turn on ^^) Phew..... Now, I just did stuff with the pins on the larger part of the wall adapter and then I put the two pieces of the wall adapter back together, plugged everything in and NOW IT'S CHARGING NORMALLY! ^0^ Thank you so much for everything!!! <3 THE BEST!
    Last edited by Hellagoodmika; 09-10-2011 at 10:54 AM.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    Enjoy!

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Fred the TF101 does not have a reset button so the USB charge makes sense!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads