Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

HELP!! failed root

Okay, I'm a newb with Android but I know a thing or two... I tried the root (from eeepadhacks.net) and basically bricked the device. CWM is on there but I currently can't get it to boot for file structure access to load the factory blob file back on (as per XDA-developers "Unroot" guide). Originally it would boot but the display was all crazy and illegible. I can get into the CWM menu but the device just boots and hangs at the Eeepad splash screen. Please, any help would be appreciated.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Check this thread on using NVFlash to unbrick if you have a bad root. See if that helps you out.

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...hlight=unbrick

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the help, unfortunately I can't get into APX mode. I can only access the CWM menu (power button + vol down at boot). I am also getting a message in the PC's device manager saying the TF failed to start.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    The only other trick I would say to try would be to grab the firmware upgrade from the ASUS Transformer site for your version (US, WW, DE, etc) and unzip the file to the root directory of a microSD and boot it. This is supposed to flash the firmware to see if this might work.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Unfortunately I am not experienced in rooting, APX and CWM to offer more assistance.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I can't get it to work... I can't get it to show in device manager as APX device, only a Portable Device "ASUS Android MTP Device". I have EP101_SDUPDATE on the microSD card and it doesn't appear to do anything either. I tried both in the .zip and unzipped. Pulling my hair out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    The only other trick I would say to try would be to grab the firmware upgrade from the ASUS Transformer site for your version (US, WW, DE, etc) and unzip the file to the root directory of a microSD and boot it. This is supposed to flash the firmware to see if this might work.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Unfortunately I am not experienced in rooting, APX and CWM to offer more assistance.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I made some ground! I think I'll pull my heart out of my mouth. Thanks Frederuco.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Keep us posted. Hope you get it back up and running.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Keep us posted. Hope you get it back up and running.
    I got up and running again with root (and some hassles). I'm now running firmware 3.1 and Prime 1.4. How do I go about updating it to 3.2 and Prime 1.7?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tofupunx View Post
    I got up and running again with root (and some hassles). I'm now running firmware 3.1 and Prime 1.4. How do I go about updating it to 3.2 and Prime 1.7?
    Sorry I'm late to your party!! More info to follow- hold on for a couple minutes!
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    Just had a problem last nite. My upgraded 3.2 with 1.7 prime all of a sudden started random rebooting frequently. The only thing I did was add the overclock patch to 3.2. Guess that was a mistake. So I was playing with reflashing X4 or 5 at 2 am!!

Try this. If you are presently rooted, with roach's prime 1.4 on 3.1 android you can load up the 1.7 final (3.2) zipped file on your sd card.
    Go into CWM and wipe the partition cache 2 or 3 times and go into advanced and wipe the dalvik cache times 1.

Go back, and flash zipped file from sd card, choose your 1.7 final file, and flash.

You should get updated to 3.2 on 1.7 prime. This only works if you're on Roach's prime 1.4 to start with.
    I did this last nite and had a wiped tablet- not what I wanted. So I did the restore of nandflash- never did that before. But what I restored was a 3.1 back-up on a 3.2 flash. Not a good mix!!!! Was stuck in a boot loop!

So I got to reflash to 1.5 prime on top of the earlier restore, once that was successful( Trouble getting to mount my sd card!)---I then reflashed the 1.7 prime, 3.2 android on top.

The way Roach did the roms, you can flash 3.2 on top of 3.1 with no problems-
    Only with his Roms!!! I don't know if other roms can be flashed on top of 3.1 to get to 3.2

Good luck and I hope you sort out your troubles. I managed it last nite!

Now I'm not sure how to get the 3.2 update on this. Hopefully Roach will be able to update to 1.8 prime once he gets it!
    Last edited by buzzman; 08-20-2011 at 08:15 AM.
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links