Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Most power bricks will give the voltage range and cycle range they are produced as "international versions" and support 110-220 VAC and 50-60 Hz. I have used these international power bricks all over the world with the correct socket plug adapters. The power brick is required to be labeled if it is sold in the USA. If the power adapter is intended for US use exclusively you will need a transformer that steps down the voltage and increases the cycles from UK to US standards (110 VAC 60HZ).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, this is what I can decipher on the tiny writing on the side of the power brick...

Input 100-240V 60/80Hz 0.6A

Output 5-15V 2-1.2A

Model AD827M

Type 0B-2LF

I'm guessing this means that I should be fine just using a standard uk to us adapter and that I won't need to bother with one that transforms the voltage.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    That is correct.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Excellent, thanks for the advice, much appreciated.. looking forward to exploring the rest of the forum.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I was charging my TF last night using the USB cable connected to my PC while it was connected to the docking station and the tablet did not seem to be charging, since the battery level was only at 41% in the morning after over 8 hours. Previously I noticed that the USB connected to the PC seemed to be charging the tablet, but there was not a red light on the docking station indicating the tablet was charging. This morning when I noticed that the tablet was not charging on the docking station I plugged the charger into the wall and then the docking station charging light started blinking red and after a while turned to a steady red, which is what I have seen before.

So I have a few questions.

- Does the USB cable connected to a PC provide a charge to the tablet and docking station? If so, then why does the docking station charging light not come on?

- Does the tablet get charged by being connected to a fully charged docking station even if the docking station is not plugged into the wall or PC via USB? I noticed that the battery indiator on the tablet shows a charge when connected to the docking station even when the docking station is not plugged into the wall or PC.

- What does the blink red light on the docking station indicate, vs the steady red light? I am assuming that a green light on the docking station indicates a full charge.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    - Does the USB cable connected to a PC provide a charge to the tablet and docking station? If so, then why does the docking station charging light not come on?
    Yes, you can charge via USB, but it is slow. The charging light does not come on because the voltage is not high enough. The wall wart outputs 15 VDC @ 1.2 Amps. The standard USB output is 5 VDC @ 0.5 Amps. Using a USB charger will yield about 3% charge per hour vs the wall wart is around 35% charge per hour.

- Does the tablet get charged by being connected to a fully charged docking station even if the docking station is not plugged into the wall or PC via USB? I noticed that the battery indiator on the tablet shows a charge when connected to the docking station even when the docking station is not plugged into the wall or PC.
    Yes, the system is designed to charge the tablet as long as the tablet is below 95% charge. The dock battery will stop discharging at 3%.

- What does the blink red light on the docking station indicate, vs the steady red light? I am assuming that a green light on the docking station indicates a full charge.
    This means that the battery is low (below 10% I believe). Steady Red or Amber is when you are over this threshold and charging. The light turns green when it is fully charged.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links