Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmmm, i travel for 4 months at a time....might not be a bad idea, in case the stock one craps out

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Helping Hero & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    247 times
    Another possible bug I've noticed with 3.2 is that somtime the dual widget ligthning bolt does not come on right away, even though the dock light does.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by helpifIcan View Post
    Another possible bug I've noticed with 3.2 is that somtime the dual widget ligthning bolt does not come on right away, even though the dock light does.
    Not sure its a "bug"...but it typically shows up when the power is at 95% or lower (many others have also reported that for some time, even on v3.1).

I've heard rumors the Dual Battery Widget might need/get a v3.2 version update soon.

I'm like you though...I get the warm fuzzy feeling when I see the lightning bolt telling me the unit is recharging.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Not sure its a "bug"...but it typically shows up when the power is at 95% or lower (many others have also reported that for some time, even on v3.1).

I've heard rumors the Dual Battery Widget might need/get a v3.2 version update soon.

I'm like you though...I get the warm fuzzy feeling when I see the lightning bolt telling me the unit is recharging.
    I don't have a dock. Last night my tf was at 97% battery. I plugged in to charge it, i wanted 100%.i didn't see the lightning bolt after plugin no matter how many times i tried to replug. So i thought it wasstill charging just without the lightning bolt. Unfortunately this morning the battery is still at 97%.

Is tf supposed not charging when the battery is almost full? My ibm Thinkpad does the same but i have an option there to turn this feature off.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yamato View Post
    I don't have a dock. Last night my tf was at 97% battery. I plugged in to charge it, i wanted 100%.i didn't see the lightning bolt after plugin no matter how many times i tried to replug. So i thought it wasstill charging just without the lightning bolt. Unfortunately this morning the battery is still at 97%.

Is tf supposed not charging when the battery is almost full? My ibm Thinkpad does the same but i have an option there to turn this feature off.

The Transformer is set up not to charge until it is at 95% or lower battery levels. Once you get to that point, it will charge to 100% just fine.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I think I have a similar problem.
    I tried to charge my Transformer last night after the 15% charge warning went off. I plugged it into the wall - nothing. I tried other outlets - nothing. I tried the power USB block for my HTC Legend instead of the Transformer one - nothing. I also tried charging the dock - nothing. My computer recognizes the device when it's plugged in, but it won't charge. I'm fairly certain it's the USB cord - has this happened to anyone else? I've had my Transformer for a month now and this is the first issue I've had with it. I've contacted Asus but haven't heard back yet.

Any advice or similar experience?
    Laurie
    Asus eee Pad Transformer ~ HTC Legend

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I have had issues since the 3.2 update. In fact, Sunday my tablet was dead. Plugged it into the wall adapter and it turned on because it was plugged in. Once it got to the unlock screen, it showed dead battery and played the sound for low battery. Showed not charging and shut off. Plugged it in again, same result.

I ended up charging it through the dock instead.

When this happens, if the TF isn't completely dead, I will try unplugging the cord at the TF and then plugging it back in, then unplug the cord at the USB end and plugging it back in. If that doesnt work, then unplug the wall adapter then plug it back in.

One of those three will get it to charge most of the time.

Odd thing, using the dock it has never had an issue charging.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

TF101 Won't recharge

I had this problem shortly after I purchased my 16Gb unit back in June 2010 and it mysteriously just vanished on it's own.
    It's charged ever since we had the most recent update then it has stopped stone cold from recharging again.
    The unit will no longer boot because there's no power so at this point I have it plugged in to a USB 3.0 port on my PC to see if it will trickle charge.
    The brick supplied with it is supplying 2.0 USB power since I can plug any other USB device in to it and they all charge.
    Unless there is something defective in the brick's ability to provide the 11v needed by the TF101....????

The unit was actually plugged in to the charger during the last update and after the reboot it won't take a charge while it was still plugged in.
    Coincidence????
    Bad firmware????

Helping Hero & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    247 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chhay1 View Post
    I had this problem shortly after I purchased my 16Gb unit back in June 2010 and it mysteriously just vanished on it's own.
    It's charged ever since we had the most recent update then it has stopped stone cold from recharging again.
    The unit will no longer boot because there's no power so at this point I have it plugged in to a USB 3.0 port on my PC to see if it will trickle charge.
    The brick supplied with it is supplying 2.0 USB power since I can plug any other USB device in to it and they all charge.
    Unless there is something defective in the brick's ability to provide the 11v needed by the TF101....????

The unit was actually plugged in to the charger during the last update and after the reboot it won't take a charge while it was still plugged in.
    Coincidence????
    Bad firmware????
    You can plug in another device and the charger will only supply 5V. There is a jumper or something in the stock cable that tells it is a TF and to supply the higer voltage.
    Help shortcuts

For TF101 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post177499
    For T100 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post344339

My stuff!

ASUS T100 64GB
    TF101 32 GB + Grandkids toy now
    Nokia 635 win 8.1
    ASUS MB Z97-A with I5 CPU (mine home brew PC)
    HP Desktop (wife's)
    Retired: My week is six Saturdays and one Sunday!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hammer, did you solve your charging problems?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links