Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times

Exclamation Replacement Touch Screen Help

Hey guys,

I am in urgent need of your assistance. A week ago, I was using my Asus Transformer Pad TF300T on the bed and I fell asleep. The next day I wake up to see my tablet laid flat on my concrete floor. I picked it up to see my tablet with a crack screen. (The fall was about 2 and half feet) The touch screen does not work at all. Is there a way to contact Asus (link or email would be appreciated)? I would like to email them about getting my screen replaced. Also how much would it cost to get a screen fixed at Asus? Would it be cheaper to buy a touch screen and fix it myself? (link to a good touch screen deal would also be appreciated)

Thanks,
    Asus671
    Last edited by Asus671; 01-04-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Hiya Sleepyhead, I mean Snoozebutton...dang, Asus 671. <---got it right that time

You can go to this legendary site and enter your location for more information. Prices vary, usually it's not cheap. There are a few different video's at ewe tube showing teardowns, may be of help to you if you wanted to attempt it yourself. One of our members (wimoritz) posted this helpful guide. Always an argghhhh moment when one hits the floor, wishing you success & keep us posted, k? Goodluck and Welcome to the site.

Try and cut down on the caffeine an hour before bed.

Helping Hero & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    247 times
    You could also check thes folks out.

Tablet Repair Services Nationwide | iPad, Android
    Help shortcuts

For TF101 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post177499
    For T100 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post344339

My stuff!

ASUS T100 64GB
    TF101 32 GB + Grandkids toy now
    Nokia 635 win 8.1
    ASUS MB Z97-A with I5 CPU (mine home brew PC)
    HP Desktop (wife's)
    Retired: My week is six Saturdays and one Sunday!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the answers guys. I will try the San Diego repair site. It seems noob friendly.

This is a bit off topic: I got my poetic case (nice leather flip case by the way) and the armor suit screen protector the day after I broke my tablet screen. :P (Thanks a lot Amazon) Anyways, my anecdote of the day.
    eejit likes this.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    903 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus671 View Post
    This is a bit off topic: I got my poetic case (nice leather flip case by the way) and the armor suit screen protector the day after I broke my tablet screen. :P (Thanks a lot Amazon) Anyways, my anecdote of the day.
    ...talk about irony...should'a got Amazon Prime, two day free shipping!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    ...talk about irony...
    Tell me about it.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times

Re: Replacement Touch Screen Help

I just looked at the prices to do repairs on a few sites. Its looking like it would be well north of 250.00 to get a screen replaced. As a business owner I would never pay over 25-30% of an items value in repairs. Especially with technology products. If you buy a tablet for 500.00 in six months you would be lucky to get 300.00 for it. It sucks but often you are net ahead if you sell the broken unit on eBay for parts, and take what you would have paid in repair and get a new one.

I always purchase the unlimited 3 year warr on portable / handheld devices that cost over 250.00.

I look at it this way: buy tab for 500.00 with 100.00 for 3 year warr is a 600.00 total investment. At 3 years that works out to about 16.50 a month plus a tax depreciation for office equipment. If the unit works the whole 3 years with no repair the unit cost me 16.50 a month. If say at year 2.5 the unit gets damaged. I get either repair or replacement and my net cost is still only 16.50 a month. At 3 years most technology products are pretty well obsolete.

Now that being said, if something does not have a warrantee then I would attempt to repair the unit myself. If that is unsuccessful, I would chalk it up as a learning experience and then sell what is left for parts.

Its easy to get emotionally attached to material goods, but its better to look at repair vs replacement as a cost benefit business decision.

Or as my mom used to say "never throw good money in bad directions"

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by osmosis; 01-05-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    It's been a while guys, but I finally decided to buy a replacement screen for my tablet. I was going to buy from this site, but the shipping fee is bit too expensive for my taste. (shipping it all the way to Guam.)

Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF300 TF300T TF300TG LCD Screen Display Panel Replacement

Then I went onto Amazon to find a cheaper option and I found a lot of options, but I don't know what screen version to get. Can you guys be of any assistance?

EeePad Transformer TF300T TF300 TF300TG Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Replacement (Screen Version 69.10I21.G03):
    Amazon.com: EeePad Transformer TF300T TF300 TF300TG Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Replacement (Screen Version 69.10I21.G03): Computers & Accessories

Generic ASUS EeePad Trasformer TF300 TF300T Tablet - Version G03 - Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Panel Touchpad TouchScreen ~ Replacement Repair Parts ~:
    Amazon.com : Generic ASUS EeePad Trasformer TF300 TF300T Tablet - Version G03 - Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Panel Touchpad TouchScreen ~ Replacement Repair Parts ~ : Touch Screen Tablet Computer Accessories : Computers & Accessories

Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Panel touchpad touchpanel touchscreen len front cover glass replacement replace repair fix parts for Asus EeePad Transformer TF300T TF300 TF300TG Tablet PC 10.1" (Screen Version 69.10I21.G01):
    Amazon.com: Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Panel touchpad touchpanel touchscreen len front cover glass replacement replace repair fix parts for Asus EeePad Transformer TF300T TF300 TF300TG Tablet PC 10.1" (Screen Version 69.10I21.G01): Computers & Acce

ASUS EeePad Transformer Prime TF300 TF300T HSD101PWW1 Tablet Repair Replacement LCD display panel monitor replacement (Without Touch Screen Digitizer Glass part):
    Amazon.com: ASUS EeePad Transformer Prime TF300 TF300T HSD101PWW1 Tablet Repair Replacement LCD display panel monitor replacement (Without Touch Screen Digitizer Glass part): Computers & Accessories

EeePad Transformer TF300T TF300 TF300TG Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Replacement (Screen Version Only with one white label, But Not for JA-DA5158N-IBB 5158N FPC-1, see picture):
    Amazon.com: EeePad Transformer TF300T TF300 TF300TG Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Replacement (Screen Version Only with one white label, But Not for JA-DA5158N-IBB 5158N FPC-1, see picture): Computers & Accessories

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links