Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Question Asus TF300T Screen Sensitivity Issues

I just purchased the Asus TF300T from Best Buy today and it's been charging for over 6 hours now (it says it has 35% battery life) but it seems to be having some issues with screen sensitivity. I'm not sure if maybe it's lagging because the battery life is low or since it has yet to be fully charged for the first time or what.

While searching for some general help to see if this is an expected issue at first or if I should look into exchanging it for a new one, I came across the "cold boot" option. I did a cold boot to see what would happen and at first it seemed better and just as good as the one I tried out in the store, but it quickly bent back to being difficult.

My main issues are to unlock the tablet, switching between screens, and moving apps around. It lags for quite some time and often when I'm trying to switch to a different screen it gets caught in the middle of the two screens and takes around ten swipes to fix the problem. I'm really hoping this issue could be due to the battery, but since I wasn't entirely sure and I have yet to find anything entirely concise about this I figured I'd ask first to see if this is a normal issue or if my tablet's screen sensitivity is faulty.

Thanks in advance, I know I'm probably jumping the gun a bit by posting this, but I'd rather not have to drive back to Best Buy (it's a 35 minute drive) if the issue isn't permanent.

Edit: I have not downloaded any apps yet, I don't have a keyboard hooked up to it, and I have not changed any of the settings yet. I just booted it up for the first time a few hours ago and I have yet to toy around with it.
    Last edited by that1chick; 12-28-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    9 times

Re: Asus TF300T Screen Sensitivity Issues

Should have turned it back off to charge.
    However after 6 Hrs it should be more than 35% charged.
    May have other issues,but would suggest turning it off 1st.

Bill

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Just before I posted this I turned it off and let it stay off for the night. I turned it back on this morning and it wasn't as bad as it was at first, but it's still somewhat unresponsive especially when it comes to using the keyboard's backspace button. Then after I created a google account on it to download apps it was totally unresponsive until I did a cold boot. I eventually unplugged it since it was at 100% and I've read that it sometimes gets finicky when it's plugged into the power source.

Unfortunately I continued to experience similar problems even after I went to gesture mode and then back to pointer mode. Sometimes when it goes to sleep I can't unlock it because the screen is unresponsive even when I use a rubber tipped stylus instead of my finger. Most often it seems to become unresponsive when I move my finger or stylus too fast and then it usually requires a reboot in order to return to normal. When this happens, I must stress that it's not frozen as I have been able to use the "home" button on the touch pad to return to the original screen where it remains unresponsive.

I'm thinking that I should probably just go back to Best Buy and exchange it, but I'm a little weary since you can't turn it on in the store since it needs to charge first and I can't know for sure whether it will experience similar problems. The cold boot helps, but I don't want to be restarting or cold booting it every 5-10 minutes I'm on it.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Yeah, those issues sound a bit odd to me.
    If my tablet gets laggy I (may) cold boot it once a week, and it never jams between screen transitions.
    And I don't know about others, but I don't have a problem using the device plugged in.
    Not what you want to hear, but I'd do the 35 min drive.
    When you get the new one, do as Maniac suggested...plug in to charge, then turn the tablet back off,
    leave it for 8 hours and then turn it on. It will check for updates, if you need one...then do a cold boot.
    Good info here on how to update your system.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I wound up taking it back and getting a new one. Hopefully this one will fare better.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I just upgraded froma tf101 to a tf300t on week ago through Best Buy and have experienced the exact same screen sensitivity issues. I've done several cold boots and finally reset it...no help.It's going back tomorrow!

OP, please update how your replacement works out.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links