Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

[SOLVED] New TF 300 tablet with Adobe Flash problems

I have spent the entire day on my PC and TF 300 tablet trying to resolve my Flash issues. I have read and reread the page [HOW TO] Get the best browser experience on your tablet and applied the step by step directions carefully many times. I've downloaded different browsers and tried the different steps each time. One forum referenced in the first page, [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was kind of confusing for me so I tried variations of each of the things listed on the page.

I did manage to download a version of Adobe Flash (11.1) and it was an .apk file so I was excited. Then I got a small blue box with a question mark under the "Settings Manager Mobile" tab. It would be wonderful if someone could help me get Flash working on my tablet!!

Thanks!

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilesgirl View Post

I did manage to download a version of Adobe Flash (11.1) and it was an .apk file so I was excited. Then I got a small blue box with a question mark under the "Settings Manager Mobile" tab. It would be wonderful if someone could help me get Flash working on my tablet!!

Thanks!
    I'm not certain I fully understand where you are on that paragraph. Can you provide a little more info on that? Did you enable the ability to install from third party.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2221 times
    Assuming a "starting from the beginning" position...

1. In settings, security, allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
    2. Download the Adobe Flash Player .apk file to your device from here... Archived Flash Player versions
    3. Open the File Manager & tap the Adobe Flash Player .apk you have just downloaded to install it.
    4. Go back to settings, security, & untick (disallow) the installation of apps from unknown sources.
    5. Install Boat browser from the Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...atbrowser.free
    6. Configure Boat browser to play Flash
    7. Visit a site with Flash & it should work

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ Android Guides - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    43 times
    Use the file browser on your tablet, you will see a list of folders go to the downloads folder open it & you should see the flash player apk tap the file & download it. if its the correct file it will install...

Or do what janner suggests... its all good
    Last edited by Cattblue; 09-16-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    In response to leeshor, I did enable the ability to install from a third party.

Following these steps got me a whole lot closer to having Flash work on my tablet. Now on Amazon, when I try to stream a movie, instead of the "Adobe Flash not installed...." message, it went to a blank black screen and I thought it was about to play the movie when the blue question mark box appeared. The Adobe site tells me that if Flash Player is not installed, an error message appears with the blue box.

When I try to uninstall the Adobe Flash I have on the tablet, I click on the "uninstall-flash-player.exe" and the message reads "open file failed". So I can't uninstall the previous Adobe Flash--I wanted to do that to try to reinstall it to make sure I had the right one. I hope I am explaining this clearly enough...one of you moderators can't take remote control of my device so you can figure it out??

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilesgirl View Post
    In response to leeshor, I did enable the ability to install from a third party.

Following these steps got me a whole lot closer to having Flash work on my tablet. Now on Amazon, when I try to stream a movie, instead of the "Adobe Flash not installed...." message, it went to a blank black screen and I thought it was about to play the movie when the blue question mark box appeared. The Adobe site tells me that if Flash Player is not installed, an error message appears with the blue box.

When I try to uninstall the Adobe Flash I have on the tablet, I click on the "uninstall-flash-player.exe" and the message reads "open file failed". So I can't uninstall the previous Adobe Flash--I wanted to do that to try to reinstall it to make sure I had the right one. I hope I am explaining this clearly enough...one of you moderators can't take remote control of my device so you can figure it out??
    Big problem, there is no EXE, Flash-Player or otherwise that will work in Android. We need to start over I think

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Would a factory data reset help me start over? I'd be happy to do that as I just got the tablet and don't have anything I would mind losing. Actually, I did root the tablet yesterday, and backed it up with Sparkyroot (I don't think this contributed to my problems because it was late in the day when I did it).

I just used AppInstaller to uninstall Adobe Flash 11.1. Maybe that helps me start over. I am going to go through and try janner43's steps again.
    Last edited by Gilesgirl; 09-16-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1594 times
    I had my tongue in my cheek when I said start over only because you mentioned the EXE file which lead me to think you missed a step or misunderstood something.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    When I go to "Download the Adobe Flash Player .apk file to your device from here... Archived Flash Player versions", I don't know which one to download. The "Flash Player Download Center" takes me to the Play Store which says "This item isn't available in your country." I don't see a "Adobe Flash Player .apk" download choice anywhere on the page. That's got to be the step I'm messing up on. I have already downloaded several AFPs 11.1 from other sites and I think at least 1 was a .apk file.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1594 times
    Now we're getting somewhere. It sounds as if you downloaded the PC version from Adobe.

Follow the instructions in this link and use the 11.1.x file.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads