Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I have wiped the memory and my tablet still won't boot?

  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    39584
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    Exclamation I have wiped the memory and my tablet still won't boot?

    i have wiped the memory and my transformer still wont boot. when I try to RCK boot it it shows a picture of an android with an open chest with a red warning symbol coming out of it? Does this mean I have to send it in? I have went to the Asus website and they apparently dont have any phone operators near me.

    I also I have tried to register my tablet on the website but no matter how many different ways i input my serial number it wont recognize it :/...

    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

  2. #2
    TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    2978
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    /EARTH/USA/NC/
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    15,780
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum!

    Have you tried a hard reset (cold boot)? Hold VOL DOWN and POWER for about 10-15 seconds until some small white text appears. Release the buttons and wait. The next screen has 2 icons on it, the right one will glow. After that it should boot up.

    If not, try downloading the latest firmware for your device from the Asus support site (link is in my Forum Favorites link in my signature). Unzip the .zip file one tiem (it will still be a .zip file). Place on a microSD formatted for FAT32 and boot into RCK to trigger an update.


    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

    Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

  3. #3
    Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Swainsboro, GA
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    4,654
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookthruglasses View Post
    i have wiped the memory and my transformer still wont boot. when I try to RCK boot it it shows a picture of an android with an open chest with a red warning symbol coming out of it? Does this mean I have to send it in? I have went to the Asus website and they apparently dont have any phone operators near me.

    I also I have tried to register my tablet on the website but no matter how many different ways i input my serial number it wont recognize it :/...

    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Welcome to the forum Lookthruglasses. Of course, wish it were under better circumstances! How about some more info: 1) Are you rooted? 2) Why did you need to "wipe" in the first place? 3) How did you wipe it, did you go to Settings and tap on Factory Reset? 4) I'm sure the Rescue Squad that will probably be showing up soon will know this, but what exactly is an "RCK boot?"
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (from an S4); Galaxy Note 8

    The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

  4. #4
    TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    2978
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    /EARTH/USA/NC/
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    15,780
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    4) I'm sure the Rescue Squad that will probably be showing up soon will know this, but what exactly is an "RCK boot?"
    Before you get to the hard reset (the small white text says to press VOL UP to enter RCK within 5 seconds). This enters Recovery (either stock Recovery or CWM Recovery if installed)


    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

    Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    39584
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Welcome to the forum Lookthruglasses. Of course, wish it were under better circumstances! How about some more info: 1) Are you rooted? 2) Why did you need to "wipe" in the first place? 3) How did you wipe it, did you go to Settings and tap on Factory Reset? 4) I'm sure the Rescue Squad that will probably be showing up soon will know this, but what exactly is an "RCK boot?"
    Hello and thanks,
    Im not sure If I am rooted (Because I dont know what that is) . I wiped it after researching online and hearing other peoples success with it. Since it freezes on the bootup screen, I had to hold the power/vol. down button and choose the wipe memory mode. I hoped this helps you.

    Don't be afraid to ask for me to elaborate on more things if I haven't really cleared anything up for you

  6. #6
    Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Swainsboro, GA
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    4,654
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Before you get to the hard reset (the small white text says to press VOL UP to enter RCK within 5 seconds). This enters Recovery (either stock Recovery or CWM Recovery if installed)
    Just curious, what does the acronym RCK stand for... probably Recovery, something, something! ( once again, by one minute!)
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (from an S4); Galaxy Note 8

    The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    39584
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    If not, try downloading the latest firmware for your device from the Asus support site (link is in my Forum Favorites link in my signature). Unzip the .zip file one tiem (it will still be a .zip file). Place on a microSD formatted for FAT32 and boot into RCK to trigger an update.
    Thanks,

    I downloaded the firmware as you suggested, formated the sdcard for FAT32, and unzipped the file but it still shows the broken android image whenver I go into RCK mode. Am I doing something wrong?

  8. #8
    Developer
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    37034
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    490
    Liked
    101 times
    RCK stands for recovery kernel.

    You have stock recovery, but can you Cold-Boot, DON'T press volume up, just wait awhile and should boot. If not...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookthruglasses View Post
    Thanks,

    I downloaded the firmware as you suggested, formated the sdcard for FAT32, and unzipped the file but it still shows the broken android image whenver I go into RCK mode. Am I doing something wrong?
    Here's where you went wrong, keep the file zipped up and it should register. (there are two .zips try both of them)
    Also make sure that you have the right SKU (WW, US, CN, etc you need the right country)
    and that the firmware version is either the Same or Later in version #, or it won't work. (they don't want you downgrading :/)

  9. #9
    Soundwave
    Member #
    39584
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ThingODoom View Post
    RCK stands for recovery kernel.

    You have stock recovery, but can you Cold-Boot, DON'T press volume up, just wait awhile and should boot. If not...


    Here's where you went wrong, keep the file zipped up and it should register. (there are two .zips try both of them)
    Also make sure that you have the right SKU (WW, US, CN, etc you need the right country)
    and that the firmware version is either the Same or Later in version #, or it won't work. (they don't want you downgrading :/)

    Sorry for taking so long to respond.

    I downloaded the firmware with the correct SKU, kept it zipped, but my micro SD went kaput on me. So I have resorted to using a regular sized SD card with the dock. I am still getting the picture of the broken android and it always returns to the boot screen. Is this because of the SD Card not being directly hooked into actual tablet?

    Thanks

  10. #10
    TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    2978
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    /EARTH/USA/NC/
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    15,780
    Liked
    2676 times
    The SD card will not work with Recovery, it only uses the microSD slot unfortunately.


    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

    Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New Asus AiO Tablet/PC Hybrid with Windows 8 and Android Dual-Boot
    By dgstorm in forum Asus Transformer News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 09:23 PM
  2. Multi-Mod/ Dual boot tablet?
    By gorillap in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 03:29 PM
  3. cannot get tablet to boot
    By srhpretz in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 02:42 PM
  4. ICS 4.0 Doesn't Boot from Tablet
    By Bratsaki in forum Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 08:43 AM
  5. Asus - Factory-Refurbished Tablet with 16GB Memory - Brown - $299.99 - Best Buy
    By kwang2009 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 08:02 AM

Search tags for this page

android boot rck
,

android rck

,
android rck error
,
android tabpet open chest warning icon meanings
,
rck
,

rck android

,
rck in android
,
rck on android
,
rck tablet
,
what does an android icon with a red warning sign mean
,
what does rck stand for
,

what is rck android

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:40 PM.