Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Completely SCREWED My TF101 Transformer. Need Help To Start From Scratch

Hello,

Looks like I completely screwed up my TF101. I can't even have confidence that the file system is still intact. The only thing I can get to is the roach2010-tf101-ri version of ClockworkMod 3.2.0.1.

I can't even run update.zip because it gives me a "no such directory" error on /sdcard/update.zip. The ONLY way I can access the machine is through ADB. At this point, my TF101 is completely useless to me. Can someone please give me (or point me to) a step-by-step tutorial on starting from square 1 - creating a clean machine? I don't want to keep applying patches and spending another day or two on this. I'm desperate!

(mods feel free to move where appropriate if this is in the wrong section.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    ????????????????????????

I'm puzzled as to what you mean. Can you get into CWM or not? Actually, please tell me what you did to get to this point. If my guess is correct, you're fine. Just tell me how you got to this point and I'll give you a step by step instruction on how to get back to stock everything.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    ????????????????????????

I'm puzzled as to what you mean. Can you get into CWM or not? Actually, please tell me what you did to get to this point. If my guess is correct, you're fine. Just tell me how you got to this point and I'll give you a step by step instruction on how to get back to stock everything.
    Yes, I can get into the version of CWMOD I indicated above. But nothing is operating normally. I cannot even do a data/factory reset without an error, which seems to be trouble erasing (or doing something to the xml file in "/data/system/packages."

I have done so many things to try to fix this, its hard to remember them all. Initially, I had a rooted ICS installation. Then when the OTA update came out, I installed OTA Rootkeeper and set temporary unroot. According to the posting that was SUPPOSED to allow the OTA update and allow me to get back to root. The OTA errored and then the problems began. At first I could get into the tablet, but it was behaving badly...freezing, and when it didn't free, the home button no longer worked and there was no way for me to get the the Market. When I was FINALLY able to load Titanium Backup, the tablet rebooted in the middle of the restore.

My latest attempt was to install the firmware directly from ASUS (US_epaduser9_2_1_17UpdateLauncher) which failed without an error message.

That's where I am at this point.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Door stopper!

Hehe, just kidding.

First of all, the reason your OTA update failed was because you had CWM installed instead of the stock recovery. OTA update is installed via stock recovery.

Before I go on, I just need 2 more info from you. When you say you tried to install the firmware directly from asus, did you unzip that zip file you downloaded from the asus website and use the zip file inside AND did you try to install it from CWM?
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Moved to RS Help Forum

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Door stopper!

Hehe, just kidding.

First of all, the reason your OTA update failed was because you had CWM installed instead of the stock recovery. OTA update is installed via stock recovery.

Before I go on, I just need 2 more info from you. When you say you tried to install the firmware directly from asus, did you unzip that zip file you downloaded from the asus website and use the zip file inside AND did you try to install it from CWM?
    OK, I had INITIALLY tried to install the full zip from CWM (had no other choice really). Based on your posting, I unzipped the exterior zip file, put the interior ZIP file (US_epad-user-9.2.1.17.zip) on the SD card and ran it. It ran without error and rebooted back to CWMOD. I then cold booted the device and it does not boot at all. OMG whats next?!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    A follow up question....I don't understand: if I flashed the stock ASUS ROM, why am I getting CHMOD at all? Shouldn't it have been removed completely by the stock ROM I flashed?

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Hey, sorry for getting back to you late. Forgot about this thread. The problem is the command is screwed. Try the following solution. See if it helps.

(1) Download this CWM version.

(2) Put it on your sdcard.

(3) Use your current CWM to flash it.

(4) Type into your command prompt "adb shell"

(5) Type "echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0"

(6) Type "exit"

(7) Reboot system.

(8) Wait for it to do its thing.

(9) Reboot into recovery by pressing power button and volume down button then volume up button. You know the drill.

(10) You are now in the new CWM recovery. Use it to flash in the ICS firmware you got from the asus website.

(11) You can now breathe again.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

in the same boat, but mine is sinking.

Hey, sorry for getting back to you late. Forgot about this thread. The problem is the command is screwed. Try the following solution. See if it helps.

(1) Download this CWM version.

(2) Put it on your sdcard.

(3) Use your current CWM to flash it.

(4) Type into your command prompt "adb shell"

(5) Type "echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0"

(6) Type "exit"

(7) Reboot system.

(8) Wait for it to do its thing.

(9) Reboot into recovery by pressing power button and volume down button then volume up button. You know the drill.

(10) You are now in the new CWM recovery. Use it to flash in the ICS firmware you got from the asus website.

(11) You can now breathe again.

i am in the same boat, but i cannot get adb to recognize the device, and for some reason cannot get the sdcard to be recognized by CWM.

here is my log:

I: update location /sdcard/update.zip
    i: using /data/media. no sdcard found.
    opening update package...
    e: cant open /sdcard/update.zip
    (no such file or directory)
    installation aborted
    fixing permissions
    /sbin/fix_permissions 2.04 started at 03-23-2012 23:42:01
    cat: cant open '/data/system/packages.xml' : no such file or directory
    cat: cant open '/data/system/packages.xml' : no such file or directory
    /sbin/fix_permissions 2.04 ended at 03-23-2012 23:42:01 (runtime:0m0s)
    done!

dont ask me how i got here, its a long story. Thanks!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    i am in the same boat. the thing is no mater what i do when i reboot, i come straight back to cwm and nothing has changed.
    anything i do in adb shell takes hold till i reboot and then it is back to where it was.

i have to manually mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /data to even get any access to my internal sdcard to adb push any file.

i push US_epad-user.9.2.1.11.zip and flash it. after 2 hours it is still on installing update...

any other options.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links