Editor in Chief
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    136 times

Android and iOS Now 58% of U.S. Mobile Gaming - Now Kings of Portable Gaming

According to the progression that you can see in the pie charts above, mobile device gaming in the U.S. has been steadily growing and now rules the portable gaming market. Now, Android and iOS mobile gaming has finally unseated devices like the Nintendo DS, and the Sony PSP to become the top dog in mobile gaming, with 58%. In fact, iOS and Android generated $500 Million more revenue than DS and PSP titles this year.

There's some other interesting tidbits to go along with this. The mobile gaming market in general has grown at a fast pace. This year's total revenue was up to $3.3 Billion, and is a 25% increase from the same time in 2010. It'll be interesting to see how some of the new powerhouse Android tablets like the Transformer Prime help drive that growth further in 2012.

Source: Android.net via Engadget
    Last edited by dgstorm; 11-10-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have never been a big portable gaming person, that said, I think it's sad that so many people's only purpose of an android tablet or iPad device is only for gaming. I think the tablets in general have so much more potential than just being a game device or something to take up your time when you are on the crapper. I know tablets are beginning to be used for more things than just games, but it seems at least for right now with the general population of people who have them that's what they seem to be used for the most.

Dedicated games on the PSP I have to admit have always been more interesting than even the most exciting game I have ever played on an iPad or Android tablet. I suspect it might have something to do with pricing as well. 30 bucks for a PSP or DS game is alot more than 2.99.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Ads