Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    171 times

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer goes on sale in US, already sold out at Amazon

The US had to wait for its Eee Pad Transformer launch a little longer than the rest of the world, but it's finally gotten its wish today and consumers' reaction seems to have been nothing short of voracious. Amazon's order page for the $400 Android 3.0 tablet appears to have gone from "in stock" to "out of stock" within mere minutes, while Target -- the supplier fulfilling orders on behalf of Amazon -- also lists the Transformer as presently unavailable. ASUS' own Where To Buy page leads us to a bunch of dead ends as well, with Best Buy being the only retailer we can currently find with stock in the US. We can't say for sure whether we're looking at overwhelming demand or just limited supply, but it's hard to argue with ASUS' excellent value proposition here: a 10-inch IPS display, a dual-core SOC and a feature-rich tablet OS all for less than four Benjamins. You'll just need to be quick on the trigger if you want one.

Amazon, Best Buy, ASUS (Where To Buy)
    McKealty likes this.

UltraMod
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    12 times
    Damn that was fast. Three minutes.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I want one. now!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am not surprised. I expected it to sell out.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just FYI for those who happen to read this forum. Just saw an update on Ebay and a guy claims to have them in stock ready to be shipped out... I jumped on the 16gb model for $447. Works for me!

Figured I could put a link:
    ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 10.1" 16gb Android 3.0 | eBay

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    If that's the link to the one that you bought, it clearly says preorder in stock on the 13th at the top of the page. They're not in stock and ready to be shipped out. You're going to be waiting until the 13th. It says it more than once on the page. Guess you didn't read it.....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow that guy is either playing a real good trick or he got hit so hard he changed it an hour later. If you look at the purchase history I was able to get it for the $447 like I said and then he bumped it up to $499 and changed it back to pre-order. I've emailed him to see whats going on... didn't see that coming with such a good ebay history.

Here is the quote from my Auction:

"This listing is for the AMAZING 16gb Asus Eee Pad Transformer. As you probably know, the Eee Pad is much like the Xoom, only less expensive. Plus, you can add an available keyboard which boosts your battery life significantly! This listing does not include the keyboard, but you can contact me if you'd like to buy one. Also, these tablets are in-stock, and will likely ship within 3-5 business days. (Which is much faster then other online retailers offer!)

If, at anytime, you get tired of waiting for shipping you can cancel your order and I'll refund your money promptly. (As long as it hasn't shipped already, of course)"

He then changed it to:
    "This listing is for the AMAZING 16gb Asus Eee Pad Transformer. As you probably know, the Eee Pad is much like the Xoom, only less expensive. Plus, you can add an available keyboard which boosts your battery life significantly! This listing does not include the keyboard, but you can contact me if you'd like to buy one. Also, this is a pre-order, these will likely ship next week. (Which is much faster then other online retailers offer!)

If, at anytime, you get tired of waiting for shipping you can cancel your order and I'll refund your money promptly. (As long as it hasn't shipped already, of course)"

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    171 times
    ^ Damn, that sucks... let us know what happens...

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Maybe he just ran out of stock or something. When I saw it the price was still at 447 but it was for preorder. Good luck with yours though.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links