Super Decepticon
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times

[Rumor] ASUS Gives Hint that their Eee Pad Slider May be Coming Soon

Sources within ASUS recently made the following comment regarding their Eee Pad Slider Android Tablet,
    “For those of you waiting for the Eee Pad Slider, we’ve got some good news for you: its launch is due soon!”
    While this is a bit vague, we should hear something official from them very soon as they are holding a press conference on Monday, May 30th. For a refresher on the specs of this device look below:
    • 10.1-inch unit with a 1280 x 800 resolution
    • NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor at 1GHz
    • Honeycomb
    • Built-In Slide-out Keyboard

Most of the features are pretty standard fare, but the most distinguishing feature is the built-in slide-out keyboard. ASUS is on a roll with their unique take on these Android Tablets. If they can keep their price competitive advantage, they could really begin to dominate.

Source: SlashGear - TabletPCReview and AndroidTablets.Net

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Honestly, I don't like it. I can see how someone else might, but I love the ability to actually lose the weight when I want to.

The other thing is that it looks flimsy with the keyboard slid out. I would be afraid to even touch the screen when its stood up. With the Transformer I use both the keyboard and the touchscreen at the same time. I don't know...I think I'm cool or something when I'm doing it. Like some kind of Sci-fi movie :P

Sent from my Transformer TF101-B1 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Honestly, I don't like it. I can see how someone else might, but I love the ability to actually lose the weight when I want to.

The other thing is that it looks flimsy with the keyboard slid out. I would be afraid to even touch the screen when its stood up. With the Transformer I use both the keyboard and the touchscreen at the same time. I don't know...I think I'm cool or something when I'm doing it. Like some kind of Sci-fi movie :P

Sent from my Transformer TF101-B1 using Tapatalk
    Reminds me of a Tablet version of the G2 phone.. it doesn't look solid like the Transformer. It seams like the Slider is for someone that wants an instant keyboard embed on there tablet .

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    "Try everything. See what sticks."

That seems to be what Asus is up to with the android OS and this run of devices.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I like the Transformer with dock because I can carry it around like a notebook. But with the Slider, you can't carry it around like a notebook without getting palm and finger prints on the screen. Also, the keyboard dock acts as a "case" for the tablet. The sliding mechanism on the Slider looks flimsy ... might be easy to break. If you tack on a protective cover on the Slider, then the unit gets thick. I agree with 4dthinker that Asus is trying everything to see what sticks.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links