Editor in Chief
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    135 times

ASUS May Sell Upwards of 2 Million Tablets Before the Year is Out

The hottest selling Android tablet this year has been none other than Asustek's Eee Pad Transformer, and a recent report from Taiwan Economic News indicates that Asus may soon raise it's estimated sales figures for the whole of this year to 2 Million units. These sales propelled Asus to be come the Number 2 tablet vendor in Taiwan last quarter.

Keep in mind, that these sales estimates factor in all tablets that ASUS sells or may sell. It is unlikely they will sell that many of just the Transformer. These estimates include future projections for several projects, including their new Eee Pad Slider, and maybe even the Transformer 2 that is rumored to come out later this year with NVIDIA's "Kal-El" quad-core processor. Another product that ASUS just unveiled was the Padfone, a hybrid device combining a 10.1-inch tablet with a standalone 4.3-inch Android smartphone (pictured above).

It will be interesting to see if ASUS can actually hit these numbers, especially if the rumored Amazon Android tablets come out in the later half of this year. Still, it appears that ASUS is getting into the Android Tablet market in a big way, so it is possible. Regardless, the increased competition may slow down ASUS' sales figures, but ultimately will be a boon for the entire tablet industry, and could bolster them in the long run as it increases the popularity of Android tablets in general.

Source: BGR and CENS.com
    Last edited by dgstorm; 08-05-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Gabriel likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    723 times
    Is that a case for the Transformer that is pictured or a different Asus model?
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    It would have been nice to have that kickstand feature built in.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    870 times
    That's another model unit that supports a corresponding phone unit that goes inside the back panel...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    That's another model unit that supports a corresponding phone unit that goes inside the back panel...
    Oh now that I like!!!! Probably won't get a phone for my carrier but it is a worthy offering.

Shame my techie news shows haven't bothered to hop on the Asus bandwagon yet. They're too enamored with iPad and Galaxy Tab.

I went for the iPad last year because it was revolutionary. Got me away from my desk to read, watch and listen. Even upgraded to iPad2 this year so I could mobile video conference. But the Transformer is where I really want to go with mobile computing. The ability to work when I need to and disconnect to go read, watch, and listen when I want. I hope the market responds and isn't seduced by the also rans.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    870 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenaS View Post
    Oh now that I like!!!! Probably won't get a phone for my carrier but it is a worthy offering.

Shame my techie news shows haven't bothered to hop on the Asus bandwagon yet. They're too enamored with iPad and Galaxy Tab.

I went for the iPad last year because it was revolutionary. Got me away from my desk to read, watch and listen. Even upgraded to iPad2 this year so I could mobile video conference. But the Transformer is where I really want to go with mobile computing. The ability to work when I need to and disconnect to go read, watch, and listen when I want. I hope the market responds and isn't seduced by the also rans.
    I just find it all interesting that the largest seller of Android tablets is the one who is actually doing the least advertising - ASUS.

It appears that word-of-mouth and industry reviews is getting ASUS alot of traction in the market.

I would like to see some ads though...

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    The only thing the surprises me is that Asus is the ONLY tablet company that figured out a tablet/keyboard/extra battery combo would be what would draw out customers who were leary of a touchscreen-only applish suedo-PC.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    961 times
    It's a new model eeephone. I understand the Tab does not work unless the phone is docked. I don't get that at all defeats the purpose. I am sure the phone is powering the Tab

Ads