Editor in Chief
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    142 times

ASUS Fixes Transformer Dock Problems

For those lucky few out there that were able to get their hands on the new ASUS Eee Pad Transformer, a very small unlucky few of them may have been experiencing some problems with their dock. Apparently, it was a minor glitch and affected very few users, but ASUS stepped up and took care of the problem quickly. The problem was software related so they issued a simple firmware update to fix it. Here's a couple of quotes from ASUS' UK Facebook page detailing the fix.
    Eee Pad Transformer firmware update 8.2.3.13 released - keyboard dock issues fixed. Donít forget once you have updated the firmware on the Pad and rebooted, you must then also click on the firmware update icon for the keyboard dock (it will appear as a triangle in the bottom right of the screen). We completed the process on our test unit here with no problems.
    Not all units affected. Some had connection problems (so the keys trackpad werenít responding) and some werenít allowing charge. The engineers are confident that the frmware update should resolve the glitches.
    It's always nice to see a company stand behind and update their products.

Source: PhanDroid

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I'm really liking how quickly they're issuing updates. I hope they keep it up.

Sent from my Transformer

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycemiskel View Post
    I'm really liking how quickly they're issuing updates. I hope they keep it up.

Sent from my Transformer
    With the demand of the TF it would be ignorant of them not to fully support this product with current and frequent updates. So far so good~!
    "And if you feel there is shelter in this attitude, wait til' you feel the warmth of my grattitude..."

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Now if they would just make the dock more readily available. I'm having a feeling that by the time we can find one in most retail outlets it will be outdated and Asus will have moved on to another model with a different dock.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dthinker View Post
    Now if they would just make the dock more readily available. I'm having a feeling that by the time we can find one in most retail outlets it will be outdated and Asus will have moved on to another model with a different dock.
    Have you tried nowinstock.net? Here is the link but it is for the transformer so just change it for the dock. Good luck.
    ASUS Tablet PC In Stock Tracker - Transformer TF101 - NowInStock.net
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dthinker View Post
    They actually said that the dock will be compatible with future devices in the Transformer line.

Sent from my Transformer

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Have you tried nowinstock.net? Here is the link but it is for the transformer so just change it for the dock. Good luck.
    ASUS Tablet PC In Stock Tracker - Transformer TF101 - NowInStock.net
    Thanks for the link, but of course no one has docks. Picked up the Motorola bluetooth keyboard for now. It works great with the Transformer and my Iconia Tab. Obviously not a battery pack, but will serve until I find the dock.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello,

i've pb with the dock, firmware update doesn't work, and keyboard and pad don't work (but dock is well recognize).
    Can you help me ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having the same problem. My dock is recognized, the USB ports are recognized when I put in a thumb drive, but the keyboard and trackpad are not responding. The firmware update was installed when I first mated the dock with the pad. Any help would be appreciated, otherwise it's getting returned

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I suggest unplugging the power cord and shutting the unit off and trying a Hard Reset. Press and Hold the power button and the Down volume button together and hold them for 10-12 seconds and let them both go. You should see a little shape in the middle of the screen so just press and release the Down volume button again and let it reboot. See if this clears up your problem. When you do this make sure the Transformer is plugged into the dock.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links