Wish this was something new.
They teased us for the last few days, and then late yesterday they revealed it. Asus announced their next-generation Transformer Pad Infinity, the TF701T. It comes with an unsurprisingly impressive array of specs and features. Heres the scoop:
- NVIDIA Tegra 4 T40X quad-core
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- 10.1-inch 2560 x 1600 (WQXGA, 300ppi) LED-backlit with IPS with 10-point capacitive multi-touch
- 2GB DDR3L RAM,
- 32GB/64GB onboard storage with microSDXC (tablet) & SDXC (dock) slots
- 5MP F/2.4 rear camera with auto focus & 1080p Full HD video recording, 1.2MP front camera with 720p HD video recording
- 802.11a/b/g/n (dual-band) with Miracast, Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR,
- Micro-HDMI port, 3.5mm headphone/mic jack
- USB 3.0 port, microSDXC card slot
- Accelerometer, ambient light, e-compass, gyroscope
- Speaker with ASUS SonicMaster technology, microphone
- Battery for Tablet: 31Wh lithium polymer with up to 13 hours battery life
- Battery for Dock: 16Wh lithium polymer with up to 4 hours battery life
- Color Dark gray
- 263 x 180.8 x 8.9mm, 585g
- 263 x 180.8 x 7mm, 570g
We don't know exactly when the tablet will hit store shelves, but we do know its pricing: Without the Mobile Dock, the tablet will cost $399, while the bundle will retail for $499. This seems like a pretty spectacular value for the amount of power and features you are getting. Sound off what you think of the new hotness from Asus.
Wish this was something new.
TF201 - Connect Dock
Motorola Droid Bionic
Does anyone know if this is compatible with the original TF201 dock?
Just not sure of the WHY to upgrade from the TF700?
Nothing really jumps off the page.
Oooh great, but…. What happen with the user of the TF101?? What happen with ours tablets?? It is garbage?? We make a lot of questions about when we can have the new version of android and always the same answer, "we don´t know because the ASUS never answered our questions!! What happen with your branding culture?? It is all your product totaly disposables?
Disappointed in the battery in the dock. Was expecting it to have longer life than 4 hours. Tegra 4 and 2gb ram sounds nice, but not a major leap from before. If I didn't already have a transformer I'd go for it, as I love the series, but not worth upgrading personally.
Hope the front facing camera works better than the one on TF201. It last until one month after the warranty was up.
I bought my tf201 because after buying everything from Asus, from laptops, monitors motherboards, etc, I really thought that was the best tablet in the world, but they will make you buy and then they will never support the software upgrades, plus is blocked for rooting!
They think their tablets are disposable!
Very very disappointed.
Bought the TF201 from Amazon. The camera quit and Amazon gave me a brand new TF700.
No GPS? Maybe they wanted to avoid the same fiasco they had with the other tablets...