Thread: Asus Tablet sales fewer than Samsung or Kindle Fire

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    This forum is here to assist and advise owners..Many reports are problems that is of course because people use this forum to help resolve issues. That is why you think the tablets are full of problems. There are probably 50 people who posted about cracked screens. You dwell on and exaggerate the negative. It's just human nature.

Check out the screenshot below from customerservicescoreboard.com -- ALL the manufacturers have low ratings.

Last edited by Swipe; 08-22-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    There is much information available about quality & reliability. Here are two tablet specific links to consider. In both, Apple (unsurprisingly given their deserved reputation for quality, whatever you think of the iPad/iOS) come out on top.

In both, Asus do well, too - but it should be noted IMO, that the Asus Tablet Division does not have the same quality reputation as their laptop & motherboard divisions. Often, (Square Trade 2009 survey, for example) Asus laptops will come out ahead of Apple on the reliability front.

Readers' Choice Awards 2012: Tablets and Ebook Readers | PCMag.com
    Tablet Reliability and Satisfaction: iPad Comes Out on Top | PCWorld
    Laptop Failure Rates - Laptop Reliability Ratings - Laptop Malfunction Rates
    brecklundin likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozza365 View Post
    I could have gotten a TF700 at any time during the release of the tf700 and same the with the tf300

and people come to this forum to get help with their problems, thats why a large amount of members sign up, and most happy users dont feel the need to search for a forum because they dont need helpp
    I joined because I wanted to get the most out of my TF101... I continue to be a member because now I enjoy helping others. I had a problem with the dock battery, but that was resolved very fast and efficiently. The warrnty service from ASUS is the best that I've had from any company! And which other company continues to support hardware with software upgrades the way that ASUS does. Methinks people complain too much

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times

Re: Asus Tablet sales fewer than Samsung or Kindle Fire

The other thing is that I've had a few tablets now and am on most of the forums. Do you know what they say about Asus on most of the other forums?

I hate them and will never buy another and that's why I am over here now instead.

Asus tablets are cheap and flimsy and that's the bottom line. They have awesome hardware but have a real issue with quality control and poor design. The tablets just don't stay together the way they should.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    TF101 Transformer 32Gb

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSarge View Post
    The other thing is that I've had a few tablets now and am on most of the forums. Do you know what they say about Asus on most of the other forums?

I hate them and will never buy another and that's why I am over here now instead.

Asus tablets are cheap and flimsy and that's the bottom line. They have awesome hardware but have a real issue with quality control and poor design. The tablets just don't stay together the way they should.

my infinity is very sturdy and dont have any problems with it, ive tried flexing it on the back and front and get only the tiniest movement in the centre at the back, but remember, that ASUS tabs are so much thinner than most other companies so the material used is also thinner

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times

Re: Asus Tablet sales fewer than Samsung or Kindle Fire

Quote Originally Posted by JosephS View Post
    I love Android, but the sobering fact in the tablet market is that Apple's iPad is in a league of its own. iPad could be the "king of all media tablets". However, for me, the Infinity is much better than the iPad overall.
    IPad is not really king. It just has a larger customer base so more accessories and apps. The Asus has better hardware

TF101 Transformer 32Gb

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSarge View Post

Things are not perfect 100% of the time. Some people find very little things frustrating , and it's often the case that they have not taken the time to learn how to use things properly. I can only go by my experience an that is that I am very happy with my TF101 and withe the after sales service I got from ASUS. A friend has as TF201, supposedly the biggest lemon in the TF series. She is very happy with her tablet, including the wirelees..

I found those other devices that you mentioned to be very poor value compared to a transformer, so go figure!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm sure this has been said before but:
    The SQUEAKY wheel gets the grease.
    I like many others here have a busted digitizer on my TF201.
    It has lived in the keyboard dock since the day I purchased it.
    Any device that just breaks spontaneously on it's own, well
    that is a design flaw. They refuse to admit it because then they
    will have to fix them instead of making the suckers like me that own one
    pay them to fix it instead of them. Makes perfect sense if you are the maker
    of the defective product don't it?
    For what its worth, I have found a local repair shop that claims it can fix it for 149.00 parts an labor out the door.
    So, do I pay them? or pay ASUS to fix what shouldn't have happened.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dave9969 View Post
    I like many others here have a busted digitizer on my TF201.
    It has lived in the keyboard dock since the day I purchased it.
    Digitizer? If it was on the TF then it should work as intended or it should be repaired under warranty. If it does not work as well as you would like it to work, then that's a whole different story. I suggest persevere with ASUS. They HAVE to repair your device free of charge if its broken.

Added on 7 September 2012: Ahhh - Some people call the touch screen "The Digitizer". Dave 9969: my suggestion stands even firmer (what's the point of a tablet in which the touch screen doesn't work??). Since the TF201 was released less than a year ago Asus needs to fix this for you under warranty. My experience is that at least in AU they do this efficiently and without too much fuss. Others may disagree.
    Last edited by garcij1964; 09-06-2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links