Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Asus Tablet sales fewer than Samsung or Kindle Fire

  1. #21
    Starscream
    Member #
    12689
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    33 times

    Re: Asus Tablet sales fewer than Samsung or Kindle Fire

    101, sl101, 201, 300, 700.

    Nexus 7 and their memo 500. Nexus 7 counts cause they could have said no.



    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    TF101 Transformer 32Gb

  2. #22
    Jazz
    Member #
    33897
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    82
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    With Apple still the dominant force in tablet computing - 69.6% of the marketplace, how are Asus doing when it comes to market share? Not as well as they (& we) would like, probably.

    In research recently disseminated by the Press Association, during Q2 of 2012, Asus were lagging behind sales of both Samsung & Amazon, with their Kindle Fire.

    • Samsung - Galaxy Tabs, 2.3 million, 9.2 percent.
    • Amazon - Kindle Fire, 1 million, 4.2 percent
    • Asus - Transformer range, 688,000, 2.8 percent
    • Barnes & Noble - Nook Tablet, 459,000, 1.9 percent
    • Others, 3 million, 12.3 percent


    With Q3 seeing the launch of the Asus manufactured Nexus7, it is to be hoped that Asus will improve on this position to leapfrog Amazon into second place.

    Source: breaking news - national news - world news - azcentral.com
    We're comparing the Kindle to the others? Really?? You would think that the people who are buying Kindles want different things out of their gadget compared to the Galaxy and the Transformers. As for the market share of the rest - Most Apple buyers would not really contemplate buying anything else.

    The Galaxy Tab is a nice gadget, but it's really trying to provide an Android version of the Apple, no more no less... Ho Hum.

    The Transformers on the other hand, with their docking stations and plethora of connectivity options are really innovative gadgets, only the dicernig geek who is willing to sacrifice "cool" for versatility will buy.

    The low market share means that accessory suppliers don't really cater for us, but apart from that I don't really care whether ASUS is fourth tenth or twentieth in the market share ladder (I'm sure ASUS cares ). For my part I will keep recommending Transformers over Galaxys and IPads to whoever will listen but I will not get too upset if they don't.

  3. #23
    Jazz
    Member #
    33897
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    82
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSarge View Post
    101, sl101, 201, 300, 700.

    Nexus 7 and their memo 500. Nexus 7 counts cause they could have said no.
    The TF101 and SL101 are really the same machine with quite different styling and where aimed at different market segments.

    The TF201 aimed to improve on the 101 by providing faster chips a thinner lighter format and a cooler aluminium detailing - which was ultimately its downfall because it stuffed up the WiFi

    The TF300 provided a cheaper, TF201 without WiFi the problems - The renumbering was probably brought in to differntiate it from its almost identical predecessor the 201 which had built so poor a reputation (unfairly I think).

    The TF700 is really a leap away from all the others...

    The Nexus 7 is really a different device altogether... It's meant to be an inexpensive FAST 7"" tablet.

    I make it just three models in the transformer range - really.

  4. #24
    Jazz
    Member #
    24978
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    89
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSarge View Post
    101, sl101, 201, 300, 700.

    Nexus 7 and their memo 500. Nexus 7 counts cause they could have said no.



    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    The elephant in the room is the 201, which had a host of hardware problems. They should have had a fix in order but never really did. The Nexus 7 doesn't count in your complaint about too many tablets as it is completely different and is not part of the Transformer line. All you have to do is some research before you buy to see if theirs another product coming out and compare.

    The question facing perspective buyers now (who are looking for a Transformer tablet) are, should I save some money and buy a 300 or buy the nicer 700. I have no problem with choices from companies (something Apple doesn't do). Asus has been very good about putting out updates, so their are no worries there.

  5. #25
    Starscream
    Member #
    12689
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    33 times

    Re: Asus Tablet sales fewer than Samsung or Kindle Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Spillner View Post
    The elephant in the room is the 201, which had a host of hardware problems. They should have had a fix in order but never really did. The Nexus 7 doesn't count in your complaint about too many tablets as it is completely different and is not part of the Transformer line. All you have to do is some research before you buy to see if theirs another product coming out and compare.

    The question facing perspective buyers now (who are looking for a Transformer tablet) are, should I save some money and buy a 300 or buy the nicer 700. I have no problem with choices from companies (something Apple doesn't do). Asus has been very good about putting out updates, so their are no worries there.
    The problem is when you going shopping for a device and you are not sure if you should wait for the next one or not when you hear the next one will be a few months away (of curse Asus botchs almost all of their launches). Its very stressing for a customer when they can't buy the tanker they want now and not know if it will function right. The 201s bad performance shows this and so does the poor build quality of the 300. I love Motorola's tablet plan because they put out the best tablet they can and leave it on the market long enough for the consumer to enjoy it. Asus will fix one problem and create several new ones with each model and leaves many consumers searching for an alternative. The only reason I bought the N7 was because it was a Google device. I don't think I will buy anything that isn't a nexus again.

    Sent from my Nexus 7
    TF101 Transformer 32Gb

  6. #26
    Shockwave
    Member #
    35385
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    857
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSarge View Post
    The problem is when you going shopping for a device and you are not sure if you should wait for the next one or not when you hear the next one will be a few months away (of curse Asus botchs almost all of their launches). Its very stressing for a customer when they can't buy the tanker they want now and not know if it will function right. The 201s bad performance shows this and so does the poor build quality of the 300. I love Motorola's tablet plan because they put out the best tablet they can and leave it on the market long enough for the consumer to enjoy it. Asus will fix one problem and create several new ones with each model and leaves many consumers searching for an alternative. The only reason I bought the N7 was because it was a Google device. I don't think I will buy anything that isn't a nexus again.

    Sent from my Nexus 7
    from what ive heard, the tf300 is good build quality, its just cheaper materials that make it cheaper, this is ideal for those who are on a budget and dont feel the need for gorilla glass or metal case, its still good build quality from what i looked at in the shop

  7. #27
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    1793
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Posts
    5,903
    Liked
    1225 times
    Asus isn't really "botching" launches. What you don't realize is that Asus announces models at the annual tech event in January. So the final design and production takes place later, this is why devices aren't released a week after the announcement. The product cycle has resulted in three released in 2011. Two in 2012. The Padphone hasn't been released in the States yet. The TF500 - no one knows what it is !

    Asus sold 688,000 tablets in Q2 this year, so April, May and June. Around 229,000 a month. So the ratio of defective transformers is probably quite low - we have over 40,000 members and only a small number have reported problems on this forum. So it helps to keep things in perspective.

    You haven't owned a Transformer for months, FXSarge. I know you had some problems but I think your comments are a little harsh. And unrealistic. But that's just my 2 cents.

  8. #28
    Starscream
    Member #
    12689
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    33 times

    Re: Asus Tablet sales fewer than Samsung or Kindle Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    Asus isn't really "botching" launches. What you don't realize is that Asus announces models at the annual tech event in January. So the final design and production takes place later, this is why devices aren't released a week after the announcement. The product cycle has resulted in three released in 2011. Two in 2012. The Padphone hasn't been released in the States yet. The TF500 - no one knows what it is !

    Asus sold 688,000 tablets in Q2 this year, so April, May and June. Around 229,000 a month. So the ratio of defective transformers is probably quite low - we have over 40,000 members and only a small number have reported problems on this forum. So it helps to keep things in perspective.

    You haven't owned a Transformer for months, FXSarge. I know you had some problems but I think your comments are a little harsh. And unrealistic. But that's just my 2 cents.
    Well yeah they botch the launches. They don't make enough in the first batch cause they know something will come up. I had a chance to buy any transformer on the market and I wound up with the nexus 7 for one simple reason. Its sturdy and has a better build quality. Its suppose to be a budget tablet right? It doesn't flex like a 10" tablet and the seal around the screen keeping dirt out seems to be much better.

    I don't think I'm being harsh I just wish I could combine the cutting edge technology asus uses with the do it right the first time attitude of Motorola and Samsung.

    And we don't have a small number of members with problems of some kind. Whether its an issue with Asus and their terrible customer service or their sun par quality control, I would say a good 25% of people who actually still own an Asus has a negative connotation about them. I don't know how people they sent off for good but its probably a good chunk of the market.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    TF101 Transformer 32Gb

  9. #29
    Starscream
    Member #
    12689
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    33 times

    Re: Asus Tablet sales fewer than Samsung or Kindle Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Wozza365 View Post
    from what ive heard, the tf300 is good build quality, its just cheaper materials that make it cheaper, this is ideal for those who are on a budget and dont feel the need for gorilla glass or metal case, its still good build quality from what i looked at in the shop
    Lots of defective screens

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    TF101 Transformer 32Gb

  10. #30
    Shockwave
    Member #
    35385
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    857
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSarge View Post
    Well yeah they botch the launches. They don't make enough in the first batch cause they know something will come up. I had a chance to buy any transformer on the market and I wound up with the nexus 7 for one simple reason. Its sturdy and has a better build quality. Its suppose to be a budget tablet right? It doesn't flex like a 10" tablet and the seal around the screen keeping dirt out seems to be much better.

    I don't think I'm being harsh I just wish I could combine the cutting edge technology asus uses with the do it right the first time attitude of Motorola and Samsung.

    And we don't have a small number of members with problems of some kind. Whether its an issue with Asus and their terrible customer service or their sun par quality control, I would say a good 25% of people who actually still own an Asus has a negative connotation about them. I don't know how people they sent off for good but its probably a good chunk of the market.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    I could have gotten a TF700 at any time during the release of the tf700 and same the with the tf300

    and people come to this forum to get help with their problems, thats why a large amount of members sign up, and most happy users dont feel the need to search for a forum because they dont need helpp

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 02:39 PM
  2. According to PC World: Asus Transformer Tablet: Surprising Second Best in Sales After
    By patty1955 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 12:37 AM

Search tags for this page

are asus tablets reliable

,
asus reliability tablet
,

asus tablet reliability

,
asus tablets reliability
,

asus tf500

,
asus tf500 vs ipad
,
asus versus samsung tablet reliability
,
is the samsung tablet better than asus?
,
kindle fire 2
,
reliability of asus tablets
,
samsung vs asus tablet
,
what is the asus tf500
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 PM.