Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 Coming to U.S. Stores in July for $499.99 & Up

Editor in Chief
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    142 times

Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 Coming to U.S. Stores in July for $499.99 & Up

Asus just announced that their Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 Android tablet will launch in U.S. retail store shelves on the week of July 16th. The new flagship Android tablet from Asus will debut at $499.99 for the 32GB model and $599.99 for the 64GB model. As usual their will be an optional dock available for the tablet that will likely retail for $149.99. Luckily, according to reports, if you already own the keyboard dock for the TF201, it will work with the TF700 as well.

Interestingly, even though this news is for the WiFi-only version, Asus is working on an LTE version as well. Even Best Buy has already gotten in on this action. They already have the 64GB version up for preorder on their website for $599.99. Hit up the Best Buy Source link below if you were looking for the 64GB version.

Source: Engadget and Best Buy
    ThingODoom likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Interesting! What's very interesting and hopefully correct is that the TF 201 dock will work on the TF 700! That news in and of itself might be enough for me to now sell my TF 201 and keep the dock to try the TF 700!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Still no light shining on the EU release?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Interesting! What's very interesting and hopefully correct is that the TF 201 dock will work on the TF 700! That news in and of itself might be enough for me to now sell my TF 201 and keep the dock to try the TF 700!
    Agree with Mickey this is very interesting. Strange though since the specs show a slight thickness on the 700 over the 201. Since the 201 fits like a glove into the keyboard dock unless the 700 tapers thinner toward the port side I would have thought it'd be too thick to use with the 201's dock. It'll be interesting to see the qty of 201's up on ebay come mid July.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 9xhelix View Post
    Agree with Mickey this is very interesting. Strange though since the specs show a slight thickness on the 700 over the 201. Since the 201 fits like a glove into the keyboard dock unless the 700 tapers thinner toward the port side I would have thought it'd be too thick to use with the 201's dock. It'll be interesting to see the qty of 201's up on ebay come mid July.
    Yeah, I really have my doubts on the keyboard dock actually working correctly since Asus has stubbornly developed a different dock for every tablet so far! They want every penny they can get. Also I'm hoping that I'll be wise enough to hold out and not buy the TF 700 right away as I really need to see it in action and see what people are saying about it because if it runs about the same as the TF 201 but with a better screen then I'm not interested!

Because I'm still not satisfied with the web browser performance of my TF 201 so I really need to try it out first before dropping another $500 into Asus's bank!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Yeah, I really have my doubts on the keyboard dock actually working correctly since Asus has stubbornly developed a different dock for every tablet so far! They want every penny they can get. Also I'm hoping that I'll be wise enough to hold out and not buy the TF 700 right away as I really need to see it in action and see what people are saying about it because if it runs about the same as the TF 201 but with a better screen then I'm not interested!

Because I'm still not satisfied with the web browser performance of my TF 201 so I really need to try it out first before dropping another $500 into Asus's bank!
    According to Gadgetjm, games actually run quite a bit smoother compared to the TF201 which he actively makes comparisons to

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozza365 View Post
    According to Gadgetjm, games actually run quite a bit smoother compared to the TF201 which he actively makes comparisons to
    That's cool but I'm not a gamer at all so my only concern would be basic web browsing speed and scrolling along with app functioning.
    Current Devices:

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    74 times
    well the same guy did speed tests at various distances from the router and majority of the time, it beat the iPad 3

If games are a bit smoother and there is no change in GPU then I would imagine that everything else is a bit smoother

going mathematically, the new chip should be 23% faster (going by clock speed only) I know it doesnt work that way but at least 10% improvement

EDIT: Here is the video

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Review on AnandTech, stated the prime dock will work, if it is version 207 or above. Mine is 206 . No Luck.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I'm not worried about internet speed as my TF 201 is plenty fast. The problem is that there is no consistently smooth browser operation on my TF 201! That is one of the things that .28 was supposed to fix but of course the new update that Asus is working on will get it blah, blah, blah, etc... Meanwhile, to me the most basic function of a tablet, web surfing, still is below par on the fastest tablet in the land and it makes no sense!
    Current Devices:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links