Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Asus Comment on Twitter Sparks A Controversy; Is There Rampant Sexism in Tech?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    17 times
    Is this suggesting that perhaps some women don't also appreciate beauty? We can't just get rid of testosterone as pointed out above sex drive and attraction is positive not negative. Without such "sexist" attitude we wouldn't be as productive, have great sports, have wonderful families, have beautiful cars and boats. I appreciate all that my fellow man has helped to build so I may enjoy. And i understand the "testosterone" stereotyped alpha male attitude has really provided quite a bit. Just like competition.

Perhaps we should ask what has political correctness has provided to us. I'm not sure its useful...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    shlew6 and dgstorm like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tf201 View Post
    I appreciate all that my fellow man has helped to build so I may enjoy. And i understand the "testosterone" stereotyped alpha male attitude has really provided quite a bit. Just like competition.

Perhaps we should ask what has political correctness has provided to us. I'm not sure its useful...
    So you appreciate what the male drive for competition (aka dominance) has provided? Hmmm? Perhaps the glass ceiling where women are majorly shut out of positions of authority and power might suggest something? Considering that the amount of women in the world is almost 50%, the aggressiveness and arrogance of men has long been documented as dominating women. To what benefit? In the far past, it was necessary to survive. That time has come and gone a long, long, time ago.

It's proven fact that throughout the history of man, women have been shuttered and kept down. And, it's still happening, just that instant communications are starting to change that concept.

Sure, I'm a guy and have as much testosterone in me as any typical male, but as I get older, I begin to realize that there's a time and place where it's been useful, but not nearly as much as I used to think.

Comments to the contrary?
    Last edited by Upscale; 06-07-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dsf3g View Post
    It was a juvenile tweet. It's the sort of thing you expect to see in a discussion forum, right after three comments that read simply "frist." You don't expect it from someone doing PR for a major electronics manufacturer.
    But, on the other hand, if it's a beverage monolith... Diet Coke anyone!?

One rule for women and another for men.
    Bob_of_QF likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    38 times
    What if the caption was: "Damn, she's ugly, but the Transformer AIO is not..."? Would that be better for some people?
    The tweeter just complimented her with her backside (good taste by the way)... What's wrong with that?

But then again, I am not easily offended.
    Political correctness sucks! Just ask Clint Eastwood. He understands.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eejit View Post
    Huh, there's a computer in that pic?
    my thoughts exactly XD

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Upscale View Post
    So you appreciate what the male drive for competition (aka dominance) has provided? Hmmm? Perhaps the glass ceiling where women are majorly shut out of positions of authority and power might suggest something? Considering that the amount of women in the world is almost 50%, the aggressiveness and arrogance of men has long been documented as dominating women. To what benefit? In the far past, it was necessary to survive. That time has come and gone a long, long, time ago.

It's proven fact that throughout the history of man, women have been shuttered and kept down. And, it's still happening, just that instant communications are starting to change that concept.

Sure, I'm a guy and have as much testosterone in me as any typical male, but as I get older, I begin to realize that there's a time and place where it's been useful, but not nearly as much as I used to think.

Comments to the contrary?
    You asked for other views, here's mine...

The recent drive for female equality - a good thing to be supported & encouraged - has also resulted in...
    The "demonising" of men in general as aggressive, abusive, irrelevant & needing to continuously justify their existence as men. Fathers are often ignored & seen as of little value.

In the UK at least, we now have a pretty much defacto situation where..
    Women are always right, should never be challenged, should always be positively discriminated towards, should always get priority in child care cases, yet they still like to...

Dress attractively, behave alluringly, be seen as desirable, expect preferential & deferential treatment & yet often seem unwilling to accept the responsibility that accompanies equality.

Let me be clear -
    I wholeheartedly support equality, respect & equal opportunities for women.
    I also wholeheartedly support equality, respect & equal opportunities for men - which is not something I see from many of the women who agitate for "their rights", often IMO at the expense of others.

The women who fought for the vote in the 19th century & those who were serious feminists in the 1960s/70s would not accept what passes today as "women's rights" as anything other than shoddy, minority pressure groups batting for nothing more than their own narrow agenda. I believe that Germaine Greer has said as much.

Oh, & for the record, I have superb parents & a loving wife of nearly 33 years.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    You asked for other views, here's mine...
    The women who fought for the vote in the 19th century & those who were serious feminists in the 1960s/70s would not accept what passes today as "women's rights" as anything other than shoddy, minority pressure groups batting for nothing more than their own narrow agenda. I believe that Germaine Greer has said as much.
    Actually, everything you've said is only natural. As time goes by and the battle for equality rages on, it's to be expected that the pendulum will swing more in one direction than the other. It will take much more time than our limited lives for something approaching greater equality to appear.

An article I read today. "The Life of a Booth Babe".
    CDN - The life of a booth babe: high heels and longer hours

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    I don't believe Asus should be getting all the flack here. It was a male human who put that tweet up, and it was from the male perspetive. I can't blame the company for that. In addition, I can't blame the human for that either.

It's part of our makeup as humans.

Companies promote products using the most eye-catching thing that they can find, in this case it was a beautiful woman who selected the job. There are thousands of other companies doing the same thing at this given moment.

She knows why she was hired, she knows what she was getting into, she can't be all that upset about it either. I've worked as a booth babe here in Las Vegas for multiple technology and jewelry trade shows, and I can verify that the companies are up-front about how they would like their products promoted. If you don't like it, you don't take the job. Simple as that.

This Political Correct BS has to stop!
    MikeM, shlew6 and Xyphoid like this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DistressedDamsel View Post
    This Political Correct BS has to stop!
    i second that.

anyone here who says he/she never had one similar situation (to appreciate beauty)
    even to their minds only is i think a robot w/o feelings or a zombie.

now why dont we stop arguing about the butts, i mean the "buts" of everyone who"d still want to post their comments.

but hey its always interesting to see which side one belongs to.
    Last edited by december8; 06-07-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    information = knowledge
    experience = wisdom

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Yah butt....I mean, Yah BUT...

Yah but, if I'm working that display, and the camera gets a shot of my.....er, basket with the product in the background?
    Be just my luck that some lovely lady (or gent), would tweet ...

"Small Package....and ASUS releases new low~profile handlheld as well...."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links