Editor in Chief
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    142 times

[Rumor] Google Nexus Tablet May Be Coming As Early As June or July

Over the past few months we have heard various rumors of a mythical Google Nexus tablet device, and Google's plan to bring that to fruition sometime this year. Other rumors have even pegged the first Google Nexus tablet device to be built by Asus. This newest rumor, from DigiTimes, not only seems to confirm both of these rumors, but even suggests that the tablet could be ready as early as next month, and will ship out in July. Here's a quote from the DigiTimes article sharing the details,

Google's 7-inch tablet PC, which the company co-developed with Asustek computer, is set to start shipping in June with initial shipments to reach about 600,000 units. The machine will be officially released in the market in July, according to sources from the upstream supply chain. However, Asustek has declined to comment.

Google originally planned to release its entry-level 7-inch tablet PC in May, but design and costs did not reach its expectations, and the product was delayed to July for some minor adjustments.

The 7-inch tablet PC is expected to achieve total shipments of 2-2.5 million units in 2012.
    Further speculation from sources in the industry suggest that the "Nexus Prime" name we heard bandied about for the Galaxy Nexus last year was actually the name for this first Google Nexus tablet. That does seem to fit, considering it was Asus that came out with the Transformer Prime. Of course, these are just additional rumors at this point, but perhaps we will know something concrete in just a few weeks.

Who else is excited by the prospect of an Asus/Google Nexus Prime tablet?

For more future info about a Google Nexus tablet, check out our sister-site @ http://www.nexustablets.net/.

Source: NexusTablets.net via TalkAndroid

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    I like the partnership and potential market play...but I'm not a big fan of a 7" tablet myself.

Still...there are a ton of Kindle Fire's that have been sold...so there's obviously a market.
    Last edited by ASUSFAN0001; 05-24-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    20 times
    Good news indeed, can't wait to see what Google has cooking with this tablet. Be sure to join us over @ Nexus Tablet Forum for more rumor talk

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    I read that Sammy was the vendor. My concern is, Asus can't build enough TF's to fill the demand how are they going to produce 2.5M tablets for Google.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 2.X
    Liked
    17 times
    cool, this is the 7 inch tablet i was waiting for ... glad i did not jump on the nook tablet or that awful kindel fire with its closed echo system... hope the price is tasty..

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I read that Sammy was the vendor. My concern is, Asus can't build enough TF's to fill the demand how are they going to produce 2.5M tablets for Google.
    Maybe they are already making them, could explain why they have been slow with other stuff
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    I think they are aiming for a $199 tablet -- Some announcement coming up at the end of June... ? Thought I'd seen that mentioned somewhere.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Really hope its not 7 inch. I was really looking forward to this Google Tablet too. May be leaning toward the Infinity more now, going to have to wait till final specs come out I guess.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    14 times
    I have a 10" and a 7" tablet and find myself using the 7" just as much if not more that the 10". I like the battery life better on the transformer but for just setting in the recliner and reading mail or reading a book the 7" works just fine.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Droid Life site says rumour has it 600,000 of these new tablets are going to be ready for shipment...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links