Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Editor in Chief
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    142 times

Asus in Fifth Place in Tablet Market; Plus Google Nexus Tablet, Jelly Bean & more!

In a recent PC World article we found a variety of intel ranging from Asus' future products, Android 5.0, the Google Nexus tablet name and more!

• First, according to the latest research numbers from IDC, Asus is now ranked fifth in tablet shipments world-wide. Here's the quote, "Asus ranked fifth in tablet shipments in both the U.S. and world in 2011 with a 2.3% share of the U.S. tablet market and a 2.5% share of the worldwide market." The article also suggested that Asus is rapidly moving up that list, and will rank higher this year. Kudos to Asus for coming a long way!
    • Next, Asus is likely to be the first partner with Google for a Google tablet. Furthermore, the tablet will likely not be named the Google Nexus tablet as previous rumors suggested. Instead, the Asus made tablet will probably be called, The Google Play. This is obviously Google's way of creating a marketing theme to go with their new name switch for the Android Market. Further info seems to confirm previous rumors that this new Google Play Tablet will come with a Tegra 3 quad-core chip, Ice Cream Sandwich and will be priced at $200 dollars to compete with the Kindle Fire.
    • There's still more interesting Asus news. Apparently, Asus has an even deeper partnership with Google beyond just the Google Play tablet. Supposedly, they are working directly with Google on the next iteration of Android 5.0, which will likely be known as Jelly Bean. Also, this report suggests that Jelly Bean will be ready for release in the Fall of this year.

Wow! How's that for some heavy news today? Yes, some of this was info we already had hints about, but it's still pretty exciting to see how things are evolving. It's sometimes great fun gleaning juicy details from the deep places of the internet!

I wonder how much of this will actually come true? Share your ideas.

Source: PCWorld

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times
    OMFG a $200 quad-core Google tablet with no bloatware! The more I read about upcoming tech the more I feel like I got raped by Asus, $500+ for a device plagued with issues... Sigh... I saved and saved so long and hard for this device it should be the absolute best tablet forever!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    15 times
    Fifth Place is not that bad i guess. i dont even consider the ipad a tablet with its lack of features and locked OS.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Love this. I hope it goes great, I would love to see google and ASUS blow something up!!!
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    yaaaaaaay.... not.

If google wants to give the contract to Asus they are more stupid than I thought.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    5 times
    Interesting... I was aware of most of these rumors thoug, last I heard Google decided to scale the chip down to the Tegra2 in order to keep prices in the 150 - 200 dollar range.

M

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Rumors are out there now that Samsung will be the manufacturer for the new Google Nexus tablet. Slashgear has a blurb on it.

Google Nexus tablet tipped in Samsung codes - SlashGear

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    9 times
    If Google and Asus are working together on Android 5.0, than this could mean that it will not have as much problems as ICS does.
    Stock Asus Transformer TF101 16GB B60 with Android 4.0.3 (sometimes with dock)
    Stock Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray ST18i Black with Android 4.0.4

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    If they are ranked in 5th place, I wonder what the other devices ranked 2-4 where?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by raycaldwell View Post
    If they are ranked in 5th place, I wonder what the other devices ranked 2-4 where?
    Samsung has to be 2nd but not idea who could be 3 or 4. Maybe Amazon. *shrugs*
    *Asus Transformer TF201 C2O w/Dock Champagne Gold -> Eos Nightlies - Cornerstone
    *Samsung Galaxy II GT-19100M -> Resurrection Remix 2.5.3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links