Editor in Chief
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    142 times

Google's Co-Founder Sergey Brin Spotted in Public Wearing Project Glass Prototype

Here's something you may not see everyday: one of the co-founders of one of the largest and most influential corporations on the planet out and about using a prototype of one of his companies "pet projects." Apparently, Sergey Brin, co-founder of Goolge is one of the "beta-testers" of their coolest new project, "Project Glass", aka Google Goggles. Here's a quote from the Engadget article with some of the details:

It would appear company co-founder Sergey Brin already knows, as he was spotted by tech pundits Robert Scoble and Thomas Hawk rocking a prototype at a Dining in the Dark charity event for the Foundation Fighting Blindness. Scoble has already posted a couple of pictures with Brin on Google+, mentioning more photos would be forthcoming from Hawk after the event concluded and that he'd heard other people, including Google exec Vic Gundotra, have the devices already. For now he mentions the glasses appeared to be "self contained" and that he could see a blueish light flashing on Brin's eyes.
    That's pretty cool! If he can already start testing them in real-world situations, then they may not be too far off from an actual production model after-all. We will keep you apprised of this interesting and evolving tech.

As an aside, it's hard not to wonder if Sergey Brin has run into any street poles...

Source: Engadget
    Last edited by dgstorm; 04-06-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    140 times
    This is incredible technology
    What do you think, weeks, months, years before this is common place, order from Amazon gear ?
    Before anyone takes my advice, please read the disclaimer below
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
    and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    Douglas Adams

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    171 times
    It seems complete to me , Testing - Connectivity - PR is what need working on specially API.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    Unless they can make it such that the center of view is always transparent?

I think these should be banned from release-- for some idiot would wear them and try to drive...
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    140 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_of_QF View Post

I think these should be banned from release-- for some idiot would wear them and try to drive...
    No I would use something like this.
    I can watch my speed, map, and the road, all at the same time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...XJkY2FtcHJvIl0.
    Before anyone takes my advice, please read the disclaimer below
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
    and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    Douglas Adams

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_of_QF View Post

The same thing could be said about a number of things....firearm ownership, lipstick (putting it on while driving is a distraction), smartphones (using them while driving is dangerous), drivethroughs (eating while driving is a distraction), etc.

PAB5204
    ASUS TF700 and dock
    Linksys E4200 Router
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 4S
    iPad Gen 1

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PAB5204 View Post
    The same thing could be said about a number of things....firearm ownership, lipstick (putting it on while driving is a distraction), smartphones (using them while driving is dangerous), drivethroughs (eating while driving is a distraction), etc.

PAB5204
    using cellphones while driving is banned in Mexico but nothing a bluetooth cant solve hehehe

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

Most of the Android apps I use have ads plastered all over them, there's no reason to suppose these glasses will be any different.

I just wonder how long it will be before someone is killed wandering around blindly using these things. As if being "powered" by Google isn't bad enough, the safety implications are quite obvious.

Source: Project Glass: Google

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    There is the neural sensory overdrive that these glasses could have on people. It will make your brain have to stay focused on information all the time, which will cause stress and anxiety. It will also have an negative effect on cognative function and memory. Your brain needs to train and to learn by association not by getting ready made maps and always solving your problems by using a google search function. I can't believe google is so stupid....
    They should expand on tablet apps, make an google office suite (perhaps buying and intergrating open office?)

Google is a poser company

B60 TF101 16gb WW version. Never rooted.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links