Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2 with Ice Cream Sandwich and Tegra 3 Coming Oct/Nov

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    4 times
    I think at least they should keep the key board dock the same or alow it to be used with the new tablet.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by praqseven View Post
    I think at least they should keep the key board dock the same or alow it to be used with the new tablet.
    From every report I've heard we're safe on that!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by praqseven View Post
    The follow-up information from the Google I/O Conference included information that the next Transformer unit would be compatible with the current keyboard dock.
    Gabriel likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    17 times
    I really agree with BubbaHotepUK (post # 31) . The Samsung is a sexy looking tab, but no ports and Samsung's track record in updating their devices were real deal breakers for me. On the other hand, the speed with which Asus has updated the Trans has been an exceptionally pleasant surprise. Gives me hope that we will be right at the front of the line when Ice Cream Sandwich is passed out.
    Last edited by joietrans; 08-02-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Refer to earlier post

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joietrans View Post
    I really agree with BubbaHotepUK (post # 31) . The Samsung is a sexy looking tab, but no ports and Samsung's track record in updating their devices were real deal breakers for me. On the other hand, the speed with which Asus has updated the Trans has been an exceptionally pleasant surprise. Gives me hope that we will be right at the front of the line when Ice Cream Sandwich is passed out.
    Its interesting to note that the Acer tablet is quite far behind in their update.

So far....getting v3.1 and now v3.2 on the ASUS Transformer in just about 6 weeks time is impressive in terms of their follow-through on updates.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Its interesting to note that the Acer tablet is quite far behind in their update.

So far....getting v3.1 and now v3.2 on the ASUS Transformer in just about 6 weeks time is impressive in terms of their follow-through on updates.
    I agree. I'm actually quite impressed with them. I knew they would be better than Acer but wasn't expecting it to be this fast. I didn't know manufacturers could issue updates so quickly. Acer sucks at laptops and at tablets lol. Go figure.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If they just increase the price by say 20 to earn a little more and to do a little more quality, its fine by me and I would gladly pay for it. Also a price point of 430 would be ok for me. Why clinging to 399 I don't know...

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DingieM View Post
    If they just increase the price by say 20 to earn a little more and to do a little more quality, its fine by me and I would gladly pay for it. Also a price point of 430 would be ok for me. Why clinging to 399 I don't know...
    I have not read anywhere that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update will have a cost associated with it - in terms of higher prices or upgrade cost. My guess is that Google wants it out and widespread on all Android devices as much and quickly as possible - once it's available 4Q 2011...so I'd be surprised if any cost is involved.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to....

...but the current Transformer unit will get the v4.0 Android (Ice Cream Sandwich) update too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycemiskel View Post
    I think he's referring to the thread. Transformer 2 will be more powerful than the 1.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    ya this when i read about transformer 2 i was gonna wait but i really can't wait much lol. i go to buy Transformer1 -____- glad to know transformer1 will get ICS update

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    << no bleed here what so ever and so what 3.2 works good and sooner or later the update will get to us

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links