Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2 with Ice Cream Sandwich and Tegra 3 Coming Oct/Nov

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Buy back is nice, if you want 50% of what you paid for. besides, with best buy you have to pay taxes.
    TF-2 within 4-6 months of of buying a TF-1. Huge slap in the face to their customers. Nice business model Asus. make a quick buck on poor quality controlled item, and then offer the real deal (hopefully the quality is better than TF-1, BTW, anyone that says their TF has no light bleeding or creaking needs to prove it. 5/5 light bleeding ).
    If its thinner but the back is not curved, is it compatible with the current keyboard dock.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Shrug ... I only hope we get ice cream sandwich for the TF 1. otherwise, so what ... I wanted a tablet now, so I buy now. It does everything I need (lazy browsing on the sofa, terrace etc), a bigger CPU won't help me there much. Yes, it does bleed ... mighty hefty on a black screen on my left side and it has other issues, like a bit of dust behind the touchscreen, which is a bit irritating on white screens ... otherwise it's still quite a nice device. There will always be a new device. Look at HTC ... they produce new phoens on nearly a weekly basis (at least it feels so).
    obs likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post
    I'm good, although glad they are being smart as well as doing good.

Lol

YouTube - ‪Best Buy┬« Buy Back Program: Outdated World‬‏
    LOL!!!!! I'm still under my 30 warranty! I may just send this puppy back!!! no sweat! just s&h!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    the joys of owning tech gadgets... buy one now, in less than a year, there's already a new one to replace it...

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Honestly...I see no need or urgency to make changes.

When these units get the Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) upgrade...there will not really be any major gaps with the next generation units.

We've all seen how PCs evolve and evolve. Tablets will be no different.

The main folks who promote "perceived obsolescence" seem to be Marketing people. lol

These units will be fully functional for years to come.
    obs and Gabriel like this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    If it plays back MKV with x264 @ 1080p and AC3/DTS smoothly I may be swayed. I know I don't need 1080p but it saves me converting any movies I already have in that res. BTW I would pay 300 more for a version with a AMOLED display

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What I'd like is a digital out (there's small jacksizes versions as seen on some older mp3 players). That way I could use such a pad as a music selection device, interfacing to the NAS device and installed near the hifi chain in a cradle on the wall or something

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    they should offer a trade up program.. that would be sweet!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah I experienced bleeding on mine too! See my post under the ebay bundle to read the horror! I'm so pissed! I think thts a sign... Refund and wait for X2!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    58 times

Smile T2 w. Tegra3 & ICS

Thanks for the heads up! I was on the verge of purchasing a Transformer this weekend. I think I can survive with my CM7 Color Nook until October or November. Probably like most people I have been comparing the Acer, the Asus, the Galaxy and even the Thrive. With even a glance at the Vizio tablet. Narrowed it down to the Thrive and the Asus. Asus won on the basis of size/weight. But now, maybe I will just wait out the summer and see what the Fall brings. As someone already noted, that wait can stretch out forever as every week will bring rumors of new products or processors etc. At some point one has to just jump into the pool. At this point I am on the edge of the pool but am thinking that it just might be worth the wait until Oct/Nov. I will continue to enjoy this forum and the great info you people provide. Thanks!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links