Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2 with Ice Cream Sandwich and Tegra 3 Coming Oct/Nov

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i thought Android 4 was an end of 2011 release which might delay the TF2.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon861 View Post
    i thought Android 4 was an end of 2011 release which might delay the TF2.
    This entire thread is speculation as there is no firm release date for the TF2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Transformer 2 was released in October/November. It is rumoured to be the first Ice Cream Sandwich tablet which makes sense because of its success on the market. Furthermore, ASUS won't be present on IFA Berlin at the end of the week according to ASUS Germany (Maybe to hold back some special information.)
    Other than that ASUS Singapore said on Facebook that the Transformer 2 will be released in October. With all the problems with the Tegra 3 chip at the moment, it might be a tad late. But I guess that ASUS won't make the same mistakes all over again. I guess that the Transformer 2 will have a bevelled design. Thick at one long end and relatively flat on the other. Still compatible with the dock while getting a slim form factor. ASUS UK asked on Facebook what should be done to make the Transformer better (that was around June, if I remember correctly).
    I guess that they will show ICS on the Transformer 2 at the Google presentation.
    I have waited long enough for the Transformer with 3G, it won't hurt me to wait just a little bit longer.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone,

I don't think anyone talked about that on this thread... I hope I'm not wrong.

Do you think we can expect a lower price of the TF1 once the TF2 will be released ?
    I can't afford it right now, so it would be a great news!

Thx

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Hey Kate welcome to the forum. Your question has been discussed in other threads and actually goes in a couple of directions. 1) the price of the TF 1 comes down because of the newer model and 2) the price of the TF 1 doesn't come down because it was already rock bottom to begin with.

When you look to see how popular the TF has been and that it is basically $100 less than most of the competition it is hard to see a big price drop however I can sure see it selling for more like $349 rather than $399. Just my opinion.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I guess I'll have to stop lurking and introduce my thoughts on the price of the TF1 coming down when the TF2 hits the market. My experience in the past couple of weeks trying to buy a used TF1 on Ebay leads me to believe the price may come down but just marginally. I wanted a TF1 with the docking station and wanted to stay at around $400.00. I sat and watched the bidding on Ebay for these used devices with the docking stations get bid up to anywhere from $421.00 to $456.00, not including the shipping fees. I bid on 2 different machines and was outbid on both of them. I sat down and did the math and decided to buy a brand new TF1 and docking station as the cost was roughly just $75.00 more and I got a full warranty and nobody elses cooties on them. So, ya, the price will come down, but these units are still new tech to most of the general public and will still be in high demand in the secondary market. When demand exceeds supply, prices generally stay high.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Welcome to the Forum. Take a look around as there is a ton of information available. Congrats on your purchase and enjoy your new toy.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your answers !
    Then...wait & see for now.

Since the HP touchpad went out of stock as soon as they dramastically reduced their price; I'm wondering if the tablet market is going to live big changements in the next 6 months...
    (don't worry, I'm not expecting TF1 at 99$...they are already out of stock every now and then)

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    And yet another victim to fall under the lure of the TF, only to face the decision of waiting out for the TF2 or not.

In the end, I will wait only because amount that would be paid for a new device, at the very least it would be great to get a solid footing on the current technology even though we'll all get washed away in a couple years through updates and innovations.

That, and I don't think I'm patient enough to wait any longer than November. If it ends up during the holiday, I expect ASUS to give a holiday pricing.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sigh ... No upgrade for us early adopters?
    Asus TF 101 16GB with Keyboard Dock
    HP 430 Notebook PC
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    HTC ChaCha
    Huawei E5 Pocket WiFi

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links