Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First Google Nexus Tablet May be a 7-Inch Asus-made Tablet; Coming May $200-250

Editor in Chief
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    142 times

First Google Nexus Tablet May be a 7-Inch Asus-made Tablet; Coming May $200-250

According to some new industry intel, the first Google Nexus tablet will indeed be an Asus product (as has been speculated previously). Additionally, the Asus Google Nexus tablet may be hitting stores in May at a $199.99 to $249.99 price-point. This could mean that they aren't sure which price they will sell it at, or it could mean that there will be two different versions with different storage capacities.

Further "rumint" suggested that both HTC and Acer where in talks to get first dibs on the first Google Nexus branded tablet, but Asus won the chance. Apparently the reason that Google chose Asus was,

...they didnít reach an agreement because HTC didnít want to ďimpair its brand imageĒ by selling a low-cost tablet, and Acer didnít have in-house R&D capabilities.
    This seems to go against previous rumors suggesting that LG would get the "title shot", but this is likely not surprising. If this turns out true, and the tablet actually packs a decent punch at that price, we could see the first decent competitor to the iPad, or at least another option for the average consumer. What do you think?

Source: AndroidTablets.net via UnWiredView.com

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I'll more than likely buy one. Also I've never heard anything about LG getting a shot at the Nexus tablet, only the Nexus phone.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    29 times
    I was looking forward to the Asus MeMo 370T. It looks as if the Google Nexus Tablet may replace the MeMo but have fewer features in order to sell for $199.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    There's no way a $199 tablet can compete with an iPad. And Asus announced another tablet? Fantastic...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
    TF101 Transformer 32Gb

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    140 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSarge View Post
    There's no way a $199 tablet can compete with an iPad. And Asus announced another tablet? Fantastic...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
    Why does it have to compete with the ipad to be a good or successful tablet?

My daughter has an ipad, and after spending a day with it, I think my Transformer is the better Tablet.
    My Galaxy Tab 7, with 3g, running Gingerbread was a workhorse of a tablet, that the ipad couldn't touch for productivity.

The android tablets biggest downfall is that no manufacturer has ever offered a clear, simple, set of instructions.

P**s poor documentation. The Android OS is more complex than ios and offers more features but the new user, someone who has never used an android is left on their own.

Sorry end of rant.
    Before anyone takes my advice, please read the disclaimer below
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
    and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    Douglas Adams

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSarge View Post
    Sort of depends on what you want, don't you think?

Supposing that:

1) You want to save some money ... actually, a lot of money
    2) You would rather carry around a smaller tablet (10" tablets are too big to be a constant companion, IMO)
    3) You prefer the Android OS

Then ... there's no way an iPad can compete with this tablet.
    Last edited by tedr108; 03-11-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Interesting asus putting out so many tablets makes you wonder how they intend to take care of all of them in full detail.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kgragert View Post
    Why does it have to compete with the ipad to be a good or successful tablet?

My daughter has an ipad, and after spending a day with it, I think my Transformer is the better Tablet.
    My Galaxy Tab 7, with 3g, running Gingerbread was a workhorse of a tablet, that the ipad couldn't touch for productivity.

The android tablets biggest downfall is that no manufacturer has ever offered a clear, simple, set of instructions.

P**s poor documentation. The Android OS is more complex than ios and offers more features but the new user, someone who has never used an android is left on their own.

Sorry end of rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by tedr108 View Post
    Sort of depends on what you want, don't you think?

Supposing that:

1) You want to save some money ... actually, a lot of money
    2) You would rather carry around a smaller tablet (10" tablets are too big to be a constant companion, IMO)
    3) You prefer the Android OS

Then ... there's no way an iPad can compete with this tablet.
    I'm just going off of what the op said about a tablet finally competing with an iPad
    TF101 Transformer 32Gb

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    The OP didn't say that, UnwiredView did. A lot of tech sites will be saying Any and All Android tablets can't compete because the IPAD will outsell them. A lot of these tech sites completely ignored the TF101 even though it had been available several months. I saw a number of tablet articles comparing everything else but the Transformer was left out. Bias anyone? Selective journalism will downplay any shortcomings of the hallowed Ipad and not even mention many features and advantages of tablets like the Asus Transformer.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    The OP didn't say that, UnwiredView did.
    OP= original post so the post from unwiredview... I'm not trying to be a smart *** and its like you said there's a bias there for the iPad but you cant compare specs, pricing, or even sales on such different products.

This whole nexus tablet just doesn't jive with me at all. $199? 7" display? I thought nexus meant Google's latest and greatest.
    Last edited by FXSarge; 03-12-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    TF101 Transformer 32Gb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links