Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: ASUS claims it may be among first to get Android 5.0, confirms Jelly Bean moniker

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times

ASUS claims it may be among first to get Android 5.0, confirms Jelly Bean moniker

We've seen some pretty incredible smartphones and technologies at MWC, but it goes without saying that one of the hottest topics at the show was Android, and speculation over the release and alias of its next-gen operating system. Based on Google's update schedule, it's within reason to expect Android 5.0 to hit within the next year -- but which popular confection will bear the honor or representing the latest OS flavor? There's been little doubt that the jelly bean will fill that role, and now ASUS has confirmed to TechRadar not only that delectable moniker -- Jelly Bean -- but also that the company will likely be among the first to get the new OS. That claim came from VP Benson Lin, who said "Asus is very close to Google, so once they have Android 5.0 I think there will be a high possibility that we will be the first wave to offer the Jelly Bean update." So, there you have it. Now go get to scooping up every variation of the Je!!y 8ean domain.

Source: techradar
    RaVenBlackehart and lopezco like this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    Why don't Asus fix our Prime 1st for the ones that can't even use them before anything else?
    I know, technolgy must move on, and it's all about like kids, we got it 1st before you.
    rcca

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rcca View Post
    Why don't Asus fix our Prime 1st for the ones that can't even use them before anything else?
    I know, technolgy must move on, and it's all about like kids, we got it 1st before you.
    rcca
    Google is the creator of JB not Asus. Asus is stating that they will provide it in the future
    GGS and lopezco like this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Google is the creator of JB not Asus. Asus is stating that they will provide it in the future
    I know that, but before Asus jumps into another OS they should fix what we got., or what ever.
    rcca

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    All I know is that me and quite a few others here are dying to go back to 3.0 and of course I mean 3.2.1 or whatever the last Honeycomb update was before 4.0 came out. So the last thing that I and others are probably wanting to see from Asus is there plan to be 1st to offer 5.0, especially since their rush to deliver 4.0 is probably why we are in the mess we're in right now!

Now for everyone with decent running TF 101 and TF 201 tablets on ICS, you probably wish I would stop babbling but all I can say is count your blessings because there is no rhyme or reason behind why some of these tablets are messing up and some are not! I know there are proper precautions to take when doing updates but I believe it have been proven that some of this has baffled Asus!
    rcca likes this.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    All I know is that me and quite a few others here are dying to go back to 3.0 and of course I mean 3.2.1 or whatever the last Honeycomb update was before 4.0 came out. So the last thing that I and others are probably wanting to see from Asus is there plan to be 1st to offer 5.0, especially since their rush to deliver 4.0 is probably why we are in the mess we're in right now!

Now for everyone with decent running TF 101 and TF 201 tablets on ICS, you probably wish I would stop babbling but all I can say is count your blessings because there is no rhyme or reason behind why some of these tablets are messing up and some are not! I know there are proper precautions to take when doing updates but I believe it have been proven that some of this has baffled Asus!
    Could 4.0 be messing up some of us?
    rcca

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rcca View Post
    Could 4.0 be messing up some of us?
    rcca
    Yes, so far Asus has sent out the ICS roll out of 9.4.2.11 and then updates of 9.4.2.13, & 9.4.2.15 so they have sent out 3 editions since 1/10! This is for the TF 201 but they are aware that but the 101 and the 201 models are having probles and that has been reported here, XDA, and even Asus Facebook site.
    rcca likes this.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean....wonder what treat starts with a K (next).
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean....wonder what treat starts with a K (next).
    You may be on to something because 2.0 was Gingerbread. And I'm too young to report earlier than that!
    Current Devices:

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    72 times
    And before gingerbread was froyo. We definitely have a pattern here.
    ASUS TF 101 32GB w/ 32GB SD, Dock, and 1TB External Drive

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links